Chapter 20

Nobles' arena :

Like the servants, they also had those bracelets. 5 hits and you're out.

Shin, Aria, and Alex stood next to each other to hear the match ups.

There were quite a lot of professors here to help judge the battles due to the large amount of battles on the first round. To save time, there would be 10 battles happening simultaneously.

"Everyone suit up and get ready!"

After Aria and Shin suited up, Alex came up to them

She was mostly wearing white with golden outlines here and there. There seemed to be enchantments as well. Her hair was tied into twin tails while her white bow was behind her back.

Alex, "who did you guys get paired up with?"

Shin, "just some our classmates"

Aria, "me too"

When they were chatting, Shin saw someone at the corner of his eye. It was Glen.

Ever since that incident happened, they haven't talked at all.

Aria didn't believe the rumors, so he tried his best not to let her meet with Glen.

The first and second elimination round were the longest. Although it didn't make them exert too much strength, it was tiring to wait.

On the third round, Aria was up against Hera. She, Shin, and Alex got acquainted with her because she was Sherry's master.
Hera also owned the bookstore Shin and Ren went to last time.

"Ho, a battle between mages, let's go take a look!"

Because it was the third round, only 4 battles were happening simultaneously.

Aria and Hera stepped forward

Hera, "thank you for always taking care of Sherry for me, she's always quite shy"

Aria, "oh, it's nothing. Good luck to us both"

They were friendly with each other, but they were still aiming to win

"Begin!"

Aria immediately started casting multiple mana arrows the headed towards Hera

But Hera easily deflected it and started attacking with beams of light

Aria quickly created a shield

She decided to start doing incantations and a screen of smoke filled their side of the arena

The professors could only hear the explosions and light coming from there

When the smoke finally went away, Hera admitted defeat while Aria felt a little dazed. The crowd cheered.

When Aria went to Shin's side again, she still looked a bit dazed

Shin, "congrats on the win"

Aria, "thanks"

Shin, "what's wrong?"

Aria, "...it felt like my attacks didn't hit her a lot, so I just wonder if that was just luck that I won. And that smoke... wasn't mine"

Shin decided to comfort her with a headpat

Aria laughed

"You've really started to like giving headpats"

'not as soft as Ren's. But at least she's feeling a bit better'

"that smoke must've been from another battle, don't worry"