C H A P T E R 5

Eren Louie's POV

It was a warm night, I sat in front of the bonfire while smiling.

Finally, I've freed the kids and I saw how all of them became more lively after we escaped. I think the basement where we flee from would be a traumatic memory for all of them. What a pity, but I hope they grow up as beautiful kids.

Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm inside this story and I even saw slavery with my own eyes. Although characters like Mr. Hon and the guards was not emphasized, it feels like the story inside the book is still going with its own flow.

But the difference now is that I escaped and Duke Sable won't be able to buy and adopt me.

"Why are you still awake in the middle of the night?" A voice coming from my back asked.

I turned around only to see Roy with his sleepy face.

"Oh, I can't sleep." I replied.

"That's bad for kids your age, you won't get taller if you continue to do that." He said teasingly then sat beside me.

I faced him while pouting and arched my brow at him, I wanna scream 'I'm already thirty years old inside' to his face but I can't.

He laughed after seeing my reaction and I laughed with him and after that, we fell dead silent.

I looked back at the bonfire then added some twigs so the fire won't go out.

The silence was peaceful at first, it still is but a bit more awkward now.

"Hey," He called me.

"Yes, Roy?"

"Do you really need to leave tomorrow silver head?" Roy asked.

I looked at him.

He didn't even tried to hide his sad expression. His eyes with tears reminds me of emeralds. Shining emeralds.

"Your eyes are truly beautiful Roy. " I said out of nowhere.

He closed is eyes. "Just answer my question."

I held his face in my hands, I wonder how this boy have become so sweet like this.

"I'd stay if I had a choice in the first place." I said and turned around to wipe my tears.

I stood up and told him that I'll go to sleep, I laid down in the grassy ground and closed my eyes.

Sleep seems to be running away from me.

I know I'm lying about this things but my goal comes first and I'm sorry. I just thought that maybe, maybe Guy knows something about what happened to me. That maybe he is connected with the things that happened to me.

Then tomorrow came like a flash, I was wide awake all night thinking about things.

It was the time that I need to say goodbye.

Roy went to me before I taking a step and asked once again while gripping my right hand tightly.

"You won't change your mind? My family's plenty rich, live with us. Come on silver hair."

His tone was desperate, too desperate that it made me guilty by lying to him.

"I'm sorry Roy, but I really can't and please take care of the other kids, okay? Maybe one day, I'll see you again. Soon enough."

He let go of my hands then looked down.

"Okay, safe travels." He said with a shaky voice.

I went near him then tiptoe-d to kiss him on his cheeks. His face turned red as a tomato and his eyes widened.