C H A P T E R 1 5

"So what's the condition?" I asked. I remember how things happened here last time and I wished that it doesn't happen again.

I shouldn't have thought that he would agree without a catch.

He picked up a bunch of papers that's pinned together, I'm guessing it's a report about something here at the Empire.

I was confused when he handed it to me,  so I looked through the papers.

'Latest Report Of The Current Drought In The South'.

I think the title sums it all up. I looked back up at dad after taking a peek in the papers he gave me.

"What about these?" I asked while waving the papers.

I already have an idea of what this is about but I still need to confirm my theory.

"As you've read, that is the most recent information about the issue. It has been almost a month but nobody from the aristocrats had came up with sny solution." Papa explained.

I can see where this is going.

"And?" I asked.

"I'm giving you, a week and a half to give me a solution about that. You can give all your complains right now, but if you can't come up with one, forget about being a knight. Deal?" He said.

I knew it, and he made sure to emphasize how little time he's giving to me. I see that he made probably made it like this so I'll fail in the end.

He's really desperate on trying to stop me from being a knight, but he's not the only one who's desperate in this situation.

"And if I can give you a solution under that time?"

"Assuming that you really can, then I'll have no choice but to grant you what you want." He smiled after what he said.

He's underestimating me again, I sighed.

"Fine, I'll accept it." I replied.

"You will?" He blurted out, he must've not expected my answer.

"Yes." I stated shortly.

"Do you have any complaints?" Papa asked again.

I shook my head then smiled at him brightly.

"None, because if this is the only way for me to show my unfeigned and utmost sincerity, then I'll gladly do it." I said.

He exhaled loudly then massaged his temples, I examined the papers once again.

"Is this everything? Oh, can I also have the past reports as well as the map of the south and its geographical structures?" I asked.

Papa looked at me with a gaze that as if he was the one who failed after he gave me everything I asked for.

"Well then, I shall take my leave."

I immediately headed to the library and took out my personal notes.

I'm sure I've read about this drought before in AFY, I think it was connected with the story about one of Guy's three most trusted ally.

Hmm, as far as I could remember, it was solved after two months by Guy's 'genius in finance' ally after they gave it to that kid. He took his time reviewing it. He was already known for being a prodigy like Hugo, but his fame would shot up higher after he solves it.

I just need to find the solution in my notes, and get a little from his idea and improve it a little at the same time, although I don't really like doing this but, I'm really desperate to get Papa's approval.