C H A P T E R 1 1

It was as if the time stopped inside the whole hall when I entered a while ago. I don't know why but I decided to just shrug it off before it gets to me and make me anxious.

A noble lady then walked toward me then greeted me with all smiles.

"Well aren't you lovely, you look just like your father and...." Blah blah blah and I tried to answer politely until the chat ended.

I lost count of how many nobles went to where I was sitting and presented their self to me while wishing me a 'happy birthday'.My cheeks are starting to get tired, I've been smiling for two straight hours now.

"My, I thought the Castellanes adopted someone and falsely spread a rumor that their child came back."

"I was really shocked when the door opened and saw a girl with the exact same hair as the Duke."

"Lower your voices ladies, the kid might hear you."

I can heard you already, you know. Nobles are such gossip hungry creatures, what a pain in the neck.

"Your hair reminds me of the Duke, such pretty strands."

"Happy birthday, we are truly relieved and happy to see that the Duke and Duchess got their only child back."

After all the greetings where I heard these two sentences repeatedly, I excused my self and walked away.

I searched for a certain spot, there's gotta be one of those here. No romance novel book failed to mention that place when a ball occurs.

I picked up a bunch of cupcakes then headed where my feet led me.

As soon as I saw the terrace where the main characters often meets each other at movels, I exhaled then relaxed my self.

When I arrived, I saw a shadow of a person that ledt that place. I can't recognize who it was so I just thanked he/she for leaving so I can have a peaceful rest by myself.

All of these things like formality and this pretenders here at the party are giving me a big head ache. I munched all the snacks I grabbed from the table then stared at the full moon.

I can't say that I'm not enjoying this since my parents and everyone in the Household did their best to prepare all of this for me, but I really think it's too much.

I do understand why all of this things are necessary that's why I asked everyone to celebrate it earlier than the original date before the ball so I can enjoy it purely. Yes, we had a private mini celebration three days ago, exclusive for the House of Castellane only.

I tidied up my self before making my way back at the lobby. Even if I would really love to skip this and spend my time reading books while Andrius is sleeping on my lap, I just can't.

I suddenly wondered how my big kitty is doing, while I was preparing a while ago, I asked the butler who was incharge of Andrius' meals to give him a walk on his personal garden.

Yes, Andrius have his own personal garden. Well, after receiving different things from Papa and Maman, I decided to give it to him.

When I arrived back at the lobby, everyone was still dancing but it was a bit more quiet. Strange, did something hapoen while I was away for a bit? Or are they not enjoying anymore? But they wouldn't dare try to show their distaste infront of me so, why?

I tried to look around to search for clues on what currently occured when I saw a a beautiful young man with such unique red colored hair walking towards the buffet table.

I watched as how the people there suddenly lessened.

Ah, he must be the reason why it's suddenly quite noiseless around here.