C H A P T E R 9

After the emotional reunion, the four of us sat across each other.

Me, Cain, The Duke with the Duchess doesn't seem to know what to say next. Maybe they do know but is still hesitant.

I was quietly staring at the Duke's hair.

Duke Gabriel Castellane.

The Duke was never highlighted at the story but it was mentioned that he was dead by the timw the Duchess met Caily, he was one of the hundreds and thousands of people who died because of the plague.

I'm gonna take note of this and do everything I can to make sure he'll live longer and prevent the Duchess from becoming a widow.

"Hey young miss, why are you so quiet? Cat got your tounge?" Cain asked that made me come back to reality.

I turned to where he was at.

"Hey Cain, might as well read in between the lines and notice that people around you feels awkward to talk yet." I responded with a 'where's your common sense' tone that made him shut up.

I got too caught up thinking how to talk back to Cain that I didn't notice that there are also other people who are in the same room.

The Castellane couple started to laugh that made me hide my face out of embarrassment, my cheeks feels so hot.

"What did I miss?" Alexander said while entering the room clueless.

"My, if you just saw how Cain was forced to shut up by his own weapon." The Duchess wiped her tears while still laughing.

"So the young miss did it again, huh?" He said while shaking his head before taking a sit.

"Again?" The Duke questioned.

Chief looked at Cain who was glaring at him before opening his mouth.

"Ever since the young lady woke up and talked to Cain for the first time, you wouldn't believe how Cain's reaction turned sour after being called and 'old man'." Alexander said while faking a sigh then laughed afterwards.

"Old man, she says." The Duke laughed, he was too thrilled with what he heard.

Cain was turning all red with embarrassment and stood straight up.

"Would you all please stop laughing before all your lungs run out of air? I am a bit bothered with the thought that you all might appear at the news tomorrow with a humiliating head line." He stated with a serious face that made all of them quiet.

The room fell silent again.

" Now that it has been settled, let us proceed to why we all gathered here." When Cain said that with a formal tone, I was amazed of how elegant yet full if attitude his words are.

Well, he is the Head Butler of this house and if he was already here when I was given birth, let's see. Twenty one minus se-- oh my gosh, he started working when he was 14 years old?

I turned to look and observe how Cain carry him self while explaining in front of us. I was bewildered, how can someone be so young, intelligent and good looking at the same time?

This world isn't fair. But it is inside a book, so it all make sense in the end.

And when Cain  reached the part of the story where I talked with Commander Heat, I interrupted him.

"Do you have something to add to my words, young miss?" He asked with a tone only to be heard from professionals.

"Actually, since I will be living here since today, I want to tell all of you here inside the room what 'really' happened to me." I said while quoting with my fingers while saying the word 'really'.