Chapter 1

Hello:) before we get started I  just wanted to go over this just incase anyone gets confused
Y/n=your name
H/c=hair color
E/c=eye color

Hello:) before we get started I  just wanted to go over this just incase anyone gets confusedY/n=your name H/c=hair color E/c=eye color

Thats your horse btw
.....................................................
(Y/n's POV)
I stop and hitch my American paint horse, Icefall by the nearest hitching post. Before I get off of him I pat the horses neck, and the horse neighs happily in response to my little touch. I walk away from my horse and into the  small town of valentine with a picnic basket in hand. I hade come to the town to pick up just a few thing for mr Pearson because he didn't want to come here himself. I walk into the general store, and I am immediately greeted with a friendly face by the counter.

"Well hello there young lady....don't think I seen you around before"the store clerk said in a friendly kind voice. "Oh no I'm new around here"I replied back to the man. "Ok well your always welcome to come, and look at the catalog"the store clerk said with a warm smile. "Thank you sir"you said to him returning the smile. "No problem".

After you bought the items You needed, you were ready to go back to the camp at horseshoe overlook, until a book store by the name of Wattpad caught your attention from the corner of your eye. You thought about it for a moment and then said "ah what the hell why not" and walked straight into the book store. There was a vast majority of books to choose from and you looked around the store in 'awe'.  Suddenly a wise old looking lady appeared form the back door that lead to the counter of the store. She looked at y/n and then fixed her glasses.

"Why hello there deary welcome take a look around and come to me if you need anything"the older woman said to you happy to see a customer in today. "Thank you and I will"you said to the woman by the counter as you looked around. "Take your time"the woman had said as she went about reading a book of her own by the counter. After a few minutes you finally found a romance novel you would would like to read and brung the book to the counter. The lady stop reading and looked at the book you chose and chuckled a little.

"Ah So your the romantic type huh?"she had said In a curious tone. "Well sometimes depending on the mood I'm in"y/n said with a small smile to the woman in front of her. The older lady chuckled and said the price of the book. You went in your satchel to pay for the book but the lady stopes you by saing "wait". "You know what girly I like you sooooo here's what I'm gonna do I'm going to give this book to you for free"the older woman said. This surprised y/n very much and she was wordless for a few moments.

Y/n then shook her head and said "no I couldn't take th-"the older woman cut her sentence off short with her own words. "No no I insist take it,it's your not many people wanna read in this town no more". "Why thank you kindly  miss"y/n said as she left the book shop with a happy smile.

Y/n Unhitched icefall and mounted him.she then road back to camp. When she got back y/n dropped off mr Pearson's supplies and went to sit by her tent which was next to her fathers tent and read the book she had gotten . Y/n hade started to read and already was she taking a liking to the book.

Dutch walked over to his daughter and sat in the chair beside her. "What'ch reading?"he asked in a curious tone. "Huh oh um a romance novel"y/n hade said still focused on the book. Dutch hummed and a comfortable silence washed over the two until Dutch broke the silence as he started to speak. Dutch chuckled then said "you know y/n you remind me of your mother".

"Huh"y/n said now taking her attention off the book and on Dutch. "Annabelle.............she was alway a bookworm for romance books"Dutch said with a small smile that had formed by thinking of the woman but that smile soon turned into a sad frown. Silence washed over the two once again. y/n then let a low growl escape her lips and said "I swear the next time I see colm I'm gonna put a bullet straight through his head"y/n said angrily. Dutch chuckled then stood up as he said "trust me darlin I feel the same way". Dutch ruffled
Y/n's hair and y/n giggled at this.

Dutch put his hand on y/n's shoulder before saying " Y/n....Annabelle would be proud of the woman you became..............a-and I want you to know that I'm proud of you". Dutch gave y/n a warm smile and y/n returned the smile back. All the sudden Dutch hugged y/n and y/n was a bit surprised by his actions but none the less hugged back. Dutch then whispered more to himself like it was a promise. "I will never let colm hurt you like he hurt Annabelle or anyone else for that matter". Dutch stopped hugging y/n and started to walk off.

Y/n thought about all that Dutch said and a smile formed on the girls lips as she processed everything. "Oh yeah and y/n Hosea said he wanted to talk to you"Dutch said as he stop to tell you this information and then proceeded to walk away.

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter ;>
Posted: may 21, 2020