Chapter 14

Arthur was sitting down on his cot writing in his journal.

"I don't know I like y/n a lot actually which is why I kissed her back....but I-I'm just scared, I'm scared that she's either gonna run away like Mary lition or maybe I can't protect her it's gonna break my heart if she does one or the other I don't want that to happen and I know that she can protect herself ...but I can't help but feel a sense of protectiveness around her I know that she has feelings for me too but i don't want to feel that same heartbreak I felt years ago-Arthur Morgan"

He closed the book with a sigh and laid down on his cot
With his book in his hands. He then put his hat over his face and tried to fall asleep until suddenly Arthur heard the voice of Abigail call for his name. "Arthur"Abigail asked as she entered his tent. "What is it Abigail"Arthur ask still in the Same position. "C-can you take jack into valentine just for a little while..John won't do it and the boy seems to take a liking to you"Abigail asked. Arthur moves his hat only a little to show one of his blue greenish eyes as he looked at the woman and asked "why don't you ask y/n he likes her more".

"I'm asking you because she's working and you aren't"Abigail said putting her hands on her hips. Arthur sighed and got up putting his on as he said "Fine alright". "Arthur walked over to the little boy drawing in the dirt with a stick. "Hey there jack you wanna go into valentine and go do something instead of being coupes up in this camp all day"Arthur asked crouching down to the small boy.

"Sure uncle Arthur"jack said cheerfully. Arthur chuckle at the boy and stood up straight. Arthur took a glance over at y/n and the two made eye contact the girl looked away first with a pink hint to her cheeks. "What's valentine like uncle Arthur"jack asked the older male making Arthur take away his attention from the woman he hade feelings for to the little boy beside him. "Huh..Oh your gonna love it jack don't worry"Arthur said ruffing the boys hair.jack giggled before saying "whatever you say uncle Arthur".

"Ohh can we take blizz with us to uncle Arthur" jack asked Arthur thought about and then finally said "sure boah...but you..keep an eye on him now". "I promise I will uncle Arthur"jack said happily which made Arthur chuckle. Arthur took one more glance over at y/n then shook his head and walked over to the horses with little jack beside him with little blizz in jacks hands.

Sorry it short