Chapter 8

I was reading the book I got at the book store in valentine the other day by my tent, while dad and Arthur spoke about the bonds we stole recently from that train or asking about when moving west. Suddenly Lenny came running into the camp and out of breath. "They got Micah....Dutch,Arthur,y/n"Lenny said as he almost tripped. "Woah Lenny take it easy are you ok"I say standing up and walking over to Lenny to see if he was ok. "I'm fine thanks for the concern y/n"Lenny said breathing heavily.

"What's going on?"Dutch asked as he walked over to the two of us with Arthur following. "They got Micah he...he's been arrested for murder up... he was in strawberry and—"Lenny tried to explain while trying to catch his breath. "It's ok son breathe" Dutch said trying to calm the other man down. "They nearly lynched me...they...they got Micah in the sheriffs in strawberry and there's talk of hangin him"Lenny explained more calmly now. "Here's hoping"Arthur said.

"Arthur"Dutch said look at him in a 'come on now' voice. "You got that right"I said with a scoff agreeing with Arthur. "Y/n"Dutch said turning his head to the other side to look at me. "What"I said shrugging and looking away from my fathers gaze. "The fool brought this upon himself"Arthur said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Arthur.....I-I need you to go into strawberry and-"dutch said but got interrupted by Arthur's own word. "No,no,no I ani't savin that fool". "I can't go .... my face will be everywhere in west Elizabeth....I am asking"Dutch said now frustrated with Arthur. There was a moment of silence as Arthur thought about it. "He would do the same for you"Dutch said making me laugh.

"Ha I highly doubt that, that fool only cares for himself "I said laughing. Dutch sent me a silent glare making me go quiet with a mumbled "I'm sorry"while looking down at the floor. "Y/n's right though I-i don't think he would but fine. alright"Arthur said and gave in. "You ok Lenny"Arthur said bringing his attention to Lenny now.

"Yeah of course I'm ok"Lenny said answering Arthur's question. "You don't seem ok"Arthur said back. "Take that kid into town valentine not strawberry get him drunk and take y/n with you I think she needs a few too"Dutch said before walking away but then stoped and turned around to look at me before saying "oh and y/n not to many ok ". 'I'm a grown woman I can make my own decisions' the girl thought but then just said "got it Yup"with a nod and a finger gun.

Dutch turned around and started to walk away again while saying "love you hon". "Love ya too pops"I said back with a huff as I turned around to face Arthur and Lenny. "Sooo drinks anyone"I say with a shrug. The two just chuckled before getting up and walking over to the horses.

————————————————————

"You're alright now I'll take care of it"Arthur said as we road towards valentine. "You sure you don't need a hand bringing that fool back"I said to Arthur raising a brow. "Nah I'm sure princess"Arthur responses with leaving a pink hue to appear on my face as the three of use went silent for a moment. "For now lets drink something forget about Micah"Arthur then said breaking the silence. "It was drink that started this"Lenny said.

"We'll just have a couple settle you down and head back okay"Arthur said  to reassure him. "Okay"Lenny responded with. "Only a couple you say?"I say with a smirk mostly to myself as we hitched the horses. "Only a couple"Arthur said said with a nod as we got off the horses. "Well that's what they all say then end up with a hangover the next morning"I said walking towards the men.

Arthur and Lenny scoffed and shook there heads as they both walked into the saloon leaving me behind. "What it's true though "I say as I caught up with the two.

I 👏 can't 👏wait 👏 to 👏write 👏the next 👏chapter
I hope you like •v•

Posted:June 7,2020