Chapter 3

I was taking in the senior of the forest while the boys were checking the bait. Everything in this forest looked so nice. The beautiful flowing river, the green grass,the wind blowing in the trees, the huge bear running towards use.....wait. "Shit Bear"I say taking out my hunt rifle to warn the two beside me.

"What"Hosea said looking at me and not what's in front of him. Arthur looked at what was in front of him and quickly pulled out his gun. Arthur and I start to shot at the beast. "BEAR!"Arthur and I say at the same time warning Hosea of what he didn't hear me say.  "Oh"Hosea said he then took out his gun and started shooting.

The bear let out a beastly roar on its hid legs which scared Hosea. Hosea then went to hide behind the rocks. The bear soon Ran away with a lot of bullets in its skin. Arthur and I looked over our shoulder at the rocks Hosea hid behind. Arthur and I shared smug look before walking over to the rocks.

"You fine old man?"Arthur said to Hosea while helping him up. "Of course I'm fine..it's-it's nothin......nothin at all"Hosea said but I can still hear the fear in his voice. I crossed my arms and cocked an eyebrow at the wiser male.Hosea then chuckled whistled for his horse. "Thank you...........I think"Arthur said with a chuckle to the other male while giving his gun back to him.

"That was fun maybe we should do it again sometime"I say with a sly smile. Hosea sighed before speaking and says "you know what y/n van der linde I think I'm a little to old and beaten up to be going after the biggest games". "Here you two can have this"Hosea said giving Arthur a piece of folded paper. "What is it"Arthur asked "
confused but took the map none the less. "It's a map....a man at a bar gave it to me.........Well I stole it from home but that's another story he said it told him where to find some real big animals"Hosea explained.

"Thank you kindly Hosea"I say with a warm smile. "It's a pleasure.....you two share that thing now"Hosea said in a joking manner. Arthur scoffed and said patting Hosea shoulder "don't worry we will". "I-I think goin back to camp to lick my wounds....you two coming or are you gonna track that monster"Hosea said getting on his horse. " I'm Stayin Arthur you can go back with Hosea if you want"I say putting my hands on my hips.

Hosea chuckle and said "confident one aren't you y/n". I shrug and say "ehhh runs in the family". "You got that right"Hosea said with a nod in agreement. Hosea then turned his attention to Arthur and said "Arthur you comin or". Arthur shook his head and said "nah I'll stay here with y/n make sure she ain't get herself killed".

"Alright then suit yourself just be careful you two....see you two back at camp"Hosea said riding off. "you know I can take care of myself Arthur I ani't no damsel In destress"I said looking at Arthur with a smirk. "I know you ani't no damsel in distress and I know you can take care of yourself....but I just don't want you diein from a thousand pound bear"Arthur said looking at you with a small grin. "Awwwwww Arthur  you do care"I say with a head tilt and a smile while frowning my brows. I swear that when I said that I saw a Fante pink blush appear but soon disappeared from the mans face.

Arthur cleared his throat and said "plus if I let anything bad happen to you Dutch would kill me instantly with no regrets". "Oh come on that's just an excuse..I know that behind that tough guy exterior that you care about me Arthur Morgan" I say with a confident smirk while leaning against him. If he wasn't blushing before He is now. "Y-yeah right get over yourself y/n" Arthur said pushing me off of him. "Calm down cowboy I was just messin with ya"I say taking off his hat and ruffling his soft dirty blonde hair.

"Come on let's go find this huge bear"I say with a smile. I follow the big bear tracks leaving Arthur behind. I put on Arthur's hat and turn around."oh yeah also I'ma keep this for a while"I say with a smile and a wink. Arthur just rolled his eyes with a smile and ran up to me catching up.

Hope you liked it 03<

Posted:may 26,2020