Chapter 2

I sigh and close the book that I was reading shut. I go into my tent and put the book away in a chest near my bed. I walk back out and look around the camp for Hosea. I see him by a rock talking to Arthur. I walk over to the two and get there attention by saying "hello boys".

"Ah hello there y/n"Hosea said with a smile. Arthur just nodded my way. "Y/n you wanna go hunting with us?"Hosea said. "Well what exactly are you boys hunting"I say with curiosity as I slightly tilt my head to the side. "A bear"Arthur then said. "b-but not just any bear this bear was huge,was about a thousand pounds"Hosea add on to Arthur's statement.

"A thousand pounds!"I say with shook and surprise.Hosea nodded his head with a smile and just simply said "yup". "Well what are you guys doin here let's go hunt this bear"I say with excitement and walk over to icefall. "That girl is something else" Hosea said to Arthur as he saw you filled with excitement. "Yup...............well then again she is Dutch's daughter so" Arthur said to Hosea.

"Are you boys just gonna stand there or what"y/n said already on her horse. Hosea and Arthur just looked at each and shrugged then went to there own horses.
(Time skip)

"It's getting pretty late maybe we should set up a camp here and find the beast of a bear in the morning"Hosea suggested." sounds good to me"I say. "sure whatever you say Hosea" Arthur says in his usual husky voice. "Look rabbits why don't you two catch yourselves dinner"Hosea says pointing at a few rabbits that just pasted by.

We ended up catching four rabbits. Arthur caught 2 and so did I. We cooked them we ate and went to sleep for the morning to come.
(Next morning)

I woke up to Hosea's voice. "Come on you two we've got a bear to hunt for". I sit up and stretch I then yawn. Hosea gives both Arthur and me a cup of coffee. "So what's the plan for today"Arthur says in his calm voice.
"Well first we need bait"I say then take another sip of my coffee.

"Right so y/n would you so kindly make the bait for us"Hosea says handing me fish and berries.Without words I take the two ingredients and make the bait that was needed. "Hey Arthur.....heads up"I say as I throw the can of fish and berries his way. Arthur caught the can without even looking. Arthur then looked at me with a smirk and a wink.

" nice catch........show off" I say while crossing my arms over my chest now returning a smirk . Arthur just lets out a low chuckle. "Hate to break up the love fest but can we go now"Hosea said getting in the middle of us. Arthur and I both rolled our eyes and scoffed as we both walked to our horses. Little did we know we both blushed at what Hosea had said.

"What was it something I said "Hosea said with a small laugh. he then walked over to his horse and mounted it. "Ha ha ha very funny old man"I say sarcastically.

We placed the bait down and hid behind some rocks to wait for this thousand pound bear. "So a thousand pounds you say"Arthur than spoke. "More or less so big scar down his face"Hosea replied back. "Hey y/n does that bait look good to you"Hosea said from the other rock. I peek my head out a bit and look at the bait.

"I think so I mean your the expert on this anyway" I say and go back to hiding behind the huge rock. "You two ready with your guns there"Hosea said to us both. "We're good"Arthur and I say at the same time in sync with each other's voices. "are you guys ok......you two seem nervous"I say to the two grown men. "I'm fine"Hosea said and Arthur then said "same here".

"Sure you two are"I say to myself with a small chuckle and a smile . "We heard that y/n"the two men said in a childish manner. Silence then came as we all went back to listen and waiting for the bear to make an appearance. "Let's take a look at that bait"Hosea than said. "We only just placed it Hosea"I say with a small scoff.

"I know but I wanna make sure we do this right"Hosea said walking up to the bait with Arthur. "Fine "I say as I walk up to the bait with the two.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter <3

Posted: may 23,2020