Second Person, Four

Second Person, Four

You didn't get caught staring at Meredith Grey this time. You were alone in the gallery and she was operating with Miranda Bailey and Richard Webber. She was suturing a heart back together and you felt with each stitch she was actually suturing yours.

You're not sure why she helps you. Maybe it's because she seems to understand. Just by loving and hating Derek, also, she just understands you, somehow. She hasn't met Mark Sloan (yet?). You're not sure what to do If she ever does. Part of you wants to introduce them because at least they'll have one thing in common.

That is, that they've both been the backseats of other people's marriages and they probably deserved more than that at least at some point. But you also never want her to meet Mark because she might fall in love with him. And then Meredith would have both of your boys, but not you. Never you.

-Addison Montgomery

In her personal diary. With an old black pen. Because the black ink doesn't smudge so much when the tears fall right onto the page.

***** END OF CHAPTER FOUR

Author's Note:

Thank you to those who are following along like this is an amazing scavenger hunt and we're trying to find the prize at the end, and we are; or at least, Addison, is.

Ao3:

Much thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting twice today, plus LordOfLezzies and Hotgitay who commented yesterday.

AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 42 hits so far.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review and 67 people for the views.

Wattpad:

myfairlilymunster  for the comments and 31 reads and 7 stars.

Also to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Thanks.

Ps. A New chapter of "A Seattle Grace Mercy West Swingers Party - Post Plane Crash Edition" is up if you want to check that out.

bobbiejelly