Second Person, Eighteen

Meredith Grey asks you for chocolate because she sees the remnants on your fingers. You say you'll get her some, because of course you really want to, and you head out with her. You don't ask why Derek Shepherd isn't fulfilling her cravings for certain sweets. You don't want to burst the bubble that maybe she wants to spend this time with you and not him. You are a woman after all. So she knows that you understand all these things.

Meredith picks out a whole box of Fererros, and the scathing look in her eye tells you she's only just barely not saying out loud to you 'I'm on my period so you better just let me buy these and eat the whole box to myself in two minutes'.

So you let her put the box on the drug store counter and you offer your card. Meredith lets you pay for it, and you're not sure if it's because she's poor because she's an intern or because you're waving your hand at her, but she lets you and she says "thank you" after.

You buy yourself a box because you could really use it now, too. And you're sitting in your new jet-black Mercedes (the second or third or maybe fourth one you've owned, and not the one you once lost your virginity in, thank goodness for that). She doesn't try to pay for you and you would never let her, anyway.

Meredith is ripping the package open like there's no tomorrow and you smile when you still see 'your' ring on her finger. And you help her because your nails are longer than hers. And when you finally open it, she unwraps the first of the little chocolates and lifts them to her lips.

And then you look away because you can't watch her like this without growing hot. And you can hear the melting nuts and chocolate in her mouth and you shove one of the chocolates into your own face just to give yourself something else to do.

Meredith offers you half her box because she somehow knows you'll do the same for her with yours. You don't talk. Not about him. Not about you. Not about her. You just eat in silence, because she looks like she's starving for sugar and I guess, so are you.

She's the one that finally asks you "that time of the month, eh?" And you let a little bit of a smile pull at the edge of your lips as you agree with her. And she hums contentedly with your answer as she devours at least four more of the things. And then you offer her some water because you imagine she's probably all covered in the chocolate cream.

Meredith nods at you, and takes a drink, and offers you the bottle back. And you're hyper-aware of the chocolate on the edge of the glass part where Meredith's lips had just been as they touch your own. You close your eyes so she can't read anything in them. You take a sip. You offer the water back to her.

You stay like this until one of you gets paged. You drive yourselves back to the hospital as she stuffs the wrappers into the garbage bag and tidies up behind you. She asks you not to tell Doctor Shepherd. She seems to know you won't. And she seems to know you'll like it if she calls him that, but never you again.

And you almost want to 'kidnap her' for just a little longer. But there's a patient with a ruptured spleen and you know he needs a Doctor. So you let her get out first because Bailey is already yelling for her. And you park your car and sigh at the empty wrappers. You don't keep them because that would be unsanitary.

But you keep the receipt as the bookmark for your diary. Dated from the one day you took Meredith out for chocolate. And because she ask you not to, you never, ever told Mark or Derek where you were with her. It's another moment where she shared a secret with you. And you want it to last forever.

-Addison Montgomery

In her personal diary. This time with a bit of hazelnut stuck to the receipt that's being placed in between the next two pages.

****** END OF CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Author's Note:

So a few of you asked for more MerAdd. Here it is!

bobbiejelly

And of course, onto the dedications:

Ao3:

LordOfLezzies you are the MVP for commenting on EVERY CHAPTER! Thanks to Arahneia for the lovely words and Also, of course, thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies, all on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting (a heck-ton) today, plus LordOfLezzies (also, because you're super) and Hotgitay who commented on Chapter 1.

Arahneia, AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 97 hits so far. 72 comments.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review. 309 views.

Wattpad:

Comments and suggestions from Eleven_256 , and naylorholby  always make my day.

Thanks for the most WONDERFUL shout-out comment from JordynMarie05.

myfairlilymunster  for the comments on Chapter 1.

danielaperezsurga , JordynMarie05 , Unicornbaby78 , myfairlilymunster, outlawqueenpercabeth , naylorholby, AddisonAddek , and probably some others who don't show up on my phone, voted on this, thanks. 206 reads, 16 comments, and 72 stars.

Also THANKS to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Much love.

Ps. Reccomending reading Soothe today if you want to check that out because there's a new Chapter 15 of that posted now!

bobbiejelly