Second Person, Seven

She almost died today.

Meredith Grey, you mean.

She almost actually really fucking died.

She had her hand in a man's abdomen and she held onto a bomb. And you got a code black page and you tried to be calm. And you snapped, unfairly, at George O'Malley, today, because you think you know, somehow, that he's in love with her too.

You don't say you're sorry to him for this, because you're not that you yelled. But you say thank you after he helped you deliver Miranda Bailey's baby safety into the world. And not just for Bailey; you really are fond of George even though you really do also hate him.

You hate him because he reminds you of you. You're both just the pathetic hopeless love puppies who will never ever be loved back by Meredith Grey. (He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl... can I make it anymore obvious).

She'd pick him over you. To screw. You know it, for real, somehow.

And it makes you hate George.

Even though you love him for saving Bailey and her baby. But not in the way you (both) love Meredith. Not in the same way, at all. Ever.

-Addison Montgomery

In Addison's personal diary. Though, to be quite honest, this one is barely legible because Addison's hands were shaking so much from the explosion when she tried to write this at night.

****** END OF CHAPTER SEVEN

Other Author's Note:

The amount of live-blogging this is getting is blowing my mind.

Reading comments, replying to comments, posting a new chapter so soon...

It's such a rush.

And also yes I did quote "Skaterboy" by Avril Lavigne.

I'm leaving it ambiguous as to whether or not 'Addison' wrote this on purpose.

She might have; she's old enough to remember it.

But she might have just thought of those bitter words on her own, fitting them for her gay-panic and self-deprecation, apparently.

Ao3:

Thanks to Arahneia for the lovely words and Also, of course, thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies, all on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting (a heck-ton) today, plus LordOfLezzies (also, because you're super) and Hotgitay who commented yesterday.

Arahneia, AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 48 hits so far.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review and 84 people for the views.

Wattpad:

myfairlilymunster for the comments and 40 reads and 26 stars.

danielaperezsurga , JordynMarie05 , Unicornbaby78 , myfairlilymunster , outlawqueenpercabeth , naylorholby , AddisonAddek , and probably some others who don't show up on my phone, voted on this, thanks.

Also THANKS to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Much love.

Ps. Reccomending reading Soothe today if you want to check that out because hint-hint I might be updating it soon.

bobbiejelly