Second Person, Fourteen

You ask Mark Sloan to the hospital prom because Callie Torres wants to ask George O'Malley, and of course, Meredith Grey is going with her boyfriend Derek Shepherd. (Not that you'd stand a chance with Grey, anyway...)

Mark knows what he's signing up for, that you're just going to dance at him while looking over his shoulder at someone else. But he still wants to go and he doesn't want to be without a date, so he says yes.

He didn't know by then that you like Meredith Grey still, and how that panned out was a different kind of miracle. But he found out soon enough when he talked about her (Meredith), with you.

He said he met her at the bar while she was waiting for Derek, and they struck up a conversation on how they had both been 'dirty mistresses' in the past, but this time, it seems that that side scored one point because Meredith got to be with Derek after all.

The way your hands clench when he says this gives it all away. He knows you don't want Derek back so that just leaves Meredith. You ask him if it's the stupidest thing in the world to fall for your ex-husband's girl.

He says to you 'no' because he once fell for his best friend's wife who is a closeted lesbian. You ask if that's all in the past tense. He says that it is. You think that he's lying about that last part, but he never says more.

You ask him to wear something nice, maybe with a real tie. He asks what you will wear and you say you don't know, and he makes a joke about you being 'butch'.

You decide that it's nice to have Mark and Callie as friends. You don't tell Mark that you told Callie he was good at sex because he will be even more arrogant and you selfishly don't want to lose them to each other.

Bedsides, Callie says that she loves George anyway.

-Addison Montgomery

In her personal diary. This time with Mark's pen, because you gave Callie her purple one back. Mark's pen is blue. Like his eyes. And also Derek's eyes. And most importantly, Meredith Grey's most beautiful baby blue eyes...

****** END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Author's Note:

Mark now knows Addison's crush.

Interesting...

Can't wait to hear all your feeeeeeelings.

bobbiejelly

And of course, onto the dedications:

Ao3:

LordOfLezzies you are the MVP for commenting on EVERY CHAPTER! Thanks to Arahneia for the lovely words and Also, of course, thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies, all on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting (a heck-ton) today, plus LordOfLezzies (also, because you're super) and Hotgitay who commented on Chapter 1.

Arahneia, AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 79 hits so far. 52 comments.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review. 239 views.

Wattpad:

Comments and suggestions from naylorholby  always make my day.

Thanks for the most WONDERFUL shout-out comment from JordynMarie05.

myfairlilymunster  for the comments.

danielaperezsurga , JordynMarie05 , Unicornbaby78,  myfairlilymunster,  outlawqueenpercabeth , naylorholby , AddisonAddek , and probably some others who don't show up on my phone, voted on this, thanks. 171 reads, 12 comments, and 58 stars.

Also THANKS to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Much love.

Ps. Reccomending reading Soothe today if you want to check that out because there's a new chapter 15 of that posted now!

bobbiejelly