Second Person, Thirty-Two

Disclaimer:

As usual, please do not take any medical advice from this, ever. (Not that you would, but still...)

I googled "recovery from getting your appendix out" and read like, 3 lines from WebM.D. for this.

Not something you want to learn from after your own or your pal's operation. TY for reading!

bobbiejelly

Second Person, Thirty-Two

You don't know where you're going. All you know is that you're with her; you're with Meredith Grey for at least the whole entire day. And you're on a first date with her... And you're driving somewhere far away on the freeway. You know that this is the occasion she was saving your first kiss together for... And you don't know where you're going, because it's a surprise...! :D.

%%%

It's been a month since her surgery, and since then you have not left her side in the slightest.

Over the past several weeks...

You stayed over in bed with her in her room every night. They brought you a cot to sleep on, but you never used it for sleeping, because you want to sleep spooned in with Meredith. It's useful still for you, though only to hang out and sit on sometimes as you write in your diary, still.

%%%

Sometime during the first days after Meredith's surgery...

You're surprised that when you finally do 'come out' to Derek Shepherd that he's not as surprised as you might have expected.

He said he's lived with you for over a decade, and he's noticed you looking over his shoulder at women even before Meredith, he's just never mentioned it to you before now.

You ask if he hates you for it. He says he doesn't at all, and he's still getting over the cheating thing with Mark, and the whole 'baby-no-baby-lying' thing, and the whole 'my girlfriend/ex-mistress left me for my ex-wife,' thing...

But that someday he might be willing to be just friends with you and Meredith sometime once he's healed in the future.

You wish him good luck with the dating thing.

He wishes you and Meredith the very same.

%%%

When you come out to the rest of the hospital staff, the Interns make you a rainbow out of gummy bears, and the Attendings get you a mug that says... 'Hey, I'm totally Gay!" for your coffee and tea.

You're really glad that they're supportive about this, and they just say that it's long past the era that that's something to judge you for.

All the interns made a giant card out of a Bristol board at some point. Apparently it was Izzie Stevens' idea because she really likes glitter glue.

Cristina Yang kept Meredith informed of every single surgery everyone was performing, and this kept Bailey happy because she quizzed Meredith to keep her up on her residency, and she aced it every time (you promised Bailey you wouldn't ever help her cheat - only learn from you!).

Alex Karev and George O'Malley frequently brought in buffalo wings or mini pizza pops, and you all would sit around and eat them together. Callie Torres is still dating George and you're pretty sure Alex is dating Izzie but they're too proud to admit that to anyone, just yet.

%%%

Preston Burke is being a bit of a jerk to Cristina Yang, so you stick up for her because Meredith wants you to, and he listens to you, mostly, because you are a fellow attending. They're still 'going steady'.