Arc 2.1 - New Beginning

(a/n : hi. I'm sorry for not uploading for so long sjshsjhd enjoy this chapter i will regularly update. Please don't kill me QAQ. Say thanks to my editor she's the reason I could update so quickly. Go follow too 😔.))

Editor : Galaxy723

---

Changle quickly said, "I'll be there soon."

He let out a sigh and asked Bai Qiu, (Where in the timeline am I right now?)

[You're currently eleven years old! Only 5 more months until Leopold's magic rate is revealed, Host]

Changle inspected himself, small pale hands, slicked back hair, and a pair of grey eyes. He was very uncomfortable right now because of the tight clothes Leopold was wearing. He looked rather silly, and it seemed like Leopold wanted to make himself look more adult-like. 

'What a waste of a cute child’s face' Changle thought to himself. He braced himself for the upcoming boss he was going to see soon, Leopold's father, Duke Greymont. He walked towards the door, but as he opened it he realized the butler was still there. He gave a shallow nod and made a prideful face, looking at the butler as if he's underneath him. 

The butler made a slight chuckle, probably because of his young master trying to be intimidating but ending up looking like an angry kitten. "Come on now young master, your father instructed me to accompany you on your way there. He said that you get distracted quite easily."

Leopold quietly followed behind the butler, who looked back once in a while to check if he's still following or not. (Where's Bai Qiu at a time like this!?) He thought angrily while maintaining a facade in case the butler looked at him. Duke Greymont's office isn't that far, considering the size of this mansion, it only took a minute or two to get there. The butler knocked the door, "The young master is here." 

The butler opened the door for him, making way for Leopold. The butler quickly left, leaving the duke and his son alone. 

Leopold looked at the Duke, seeing the same slicked back hair and clothing design. The office room was filled with shelves of books and glancing at the desk of the duke, it clearly showed a picture of two women, one with black hair and the other with golden hair.

He didn't have a chance to say his greetings when the duke already said what he wanted to say impatiently. 

Duke Greymont said with a stern voice, "You need to manage your temper, don't waste more of my time. If I ever hear another escort knight quitting because of you, you are to be confined in your room for a month to think about your wrong-doings."

Leopold stayed quiet while he slowly nodded, he didn't want to make unnecessary problems if possible. He knew that Leopold is spoiled, but it doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to his father. 

Because of Leopold's imitation of his father's hairstyle and his way of dressing, he probably respects and wants to gain approval from his father very much. So he stayed quiet. A sigh escaped Duke Greymont's mouth as he gave a condemning look to Leopold. "Go on your day and don't make trouble anymore. You are excused." He said as he signed away some documents. Leopold heard what he was mumbling, "Elizabeth shouldn't spoil you so much."

Leopold did a 90 degree bow and left, not saying anything. It looks like the duke didn't want to see his son and wanted him to leave as fast as he could. He looks around the fancy mansion  without the butler following him around, antiques are displayed everywhere including classic paintings, and family portraits. Changle was analyzing the family portraits when Bai Qiu suddenly appeared and said, 'Host, would you like to receive Leopold's memories?'

'What took you so long?' Changle said, irritated. [What do you mean too long? Aren't we still-] Bai Qiu cuts off its own sentence and finally noticed that Changle was  walking down the hallways. [Oh.]

[I think there's a slight error in my programming because of the previous world. Host please don't hate me wuwuwuwuwu…]

'Just give it to me, ah. I need to not OOC, remember?' Changle stopped while pretending to look at a painting, getting ready for the incoming pain from transferring the information. 

Bai Qiu did its job, trying to lessen the pain using its own SP (System Points) because of the previous blunder it made. Changle concentrates on receiving the information, trying to sort out the memories.

Apparently, Elizabeth Greymont, Leopold's mother, really spoiled him rotten. It made Leopold's ego sky-high, being the spoiled young master he is. Elizabeth is the second wife, being picked up by the Duke from a count's family that had almost fallen into ruin. Why did he pick a count-almost-commoner family when he was already a respected duke? Because the counts family owns a lot of business in a resourceful area of the kingdom, just not managed properly so there's a lot of embezzling by the authorities. 

It's beneficial for the duke to marry to the one and only daughter. He could expand his power much more. He considered this an investment. The first wife, Melissa, died in an assassination for the duke, leaving behind Xavier who was only 6 years old. 

Even though so much happened to Xavier, he still tries to be a good older brother to Leopold. 

As Leopold is in a trance like state, a soothing voice called out to him. A woman with flowing golden hair and a beautiful face came to him in a rush, she looked as if she was an angel's daughter. The pair of blue eyes locked onto Leo's eyes. "Leo~ come to mommy!" Elizabeth rushed to hug Leopold, smothering him completely. She kissed him on the forehead and said, "Did you miss mommy?" 

Changle knew from the memories he received that Leopold acts like a Tsundere in front of his mother, denying her affection and whatnot. He tries to act it out, stuttering his voice while saying, "N-not at all! Please stop hugging me, mother." He looks away while having a slight tint of red on his cheeks. 

Elizabeth mustered up a fake smile and said sweetly to him, "Won't you give your gold to mommy for safe keeping? Your older brother will try to steal it someday!" She said as she pulls off a playful scary face, enacting Xavier like a monster.

"What do you mean by gold, mother?" Leopold asks, pretending as if he doesn't know anything. "But your father called for you right? He must've given you more gold and silver to spend because you've been such a good boy!" Elizabeth pats Leopold's head in an endearing way, rubbing his cheeks with her other hand.

"I actually got a warning from Father, he said that I have to not make anymore trouble for him…" Leopold's expression looks exactly like a sad puppy with teary eyes. Elizabeth looked shocked at first, and then she says, "It's okay Leo~ You just have to take this as a lesson for the future okay! Now I have to get going, other noble ladies are waiting for me. Remember, if you need anything just tell mommy!"

Elizabeth trotted away, as she turned away from Leopold, she revealed a vicious expression. 'That brat doesn't do anything right! I need more gold...otherwise things will get messy...' Elizabeth thought.

Leopold walked to his room slowly and as he arrived he said to Bai Qiu, (It looks like Leopold had a snake for a mother). He slumped into his bed, relishing the fluffy pillow.

He really needed to practice his magic soon,(cheating with the system powers of course) at least until his magic rate at the minimum of four stars. Magic rate is scored based off of your affinity with mana and how much mana you could gather in one sitting. There is no way of changing your own magic rate because the magic rate gets decided from birth, but this is not an  impossible task for Changle. Because he's basically a foreigner to this world and connected to the system, his soul should be sucking mana from this world easily.

Not bothering to change his clothes, he then closed his eyes. He was lulled into sleep as he thought of a plan to finish each mission given to him. He didn't want to reminisce about anything in the last world.

---

(a/n : I didn't expect there will be 150k+ readers like I'm actually so grateful and very sorry because I didn't update for a long time. I remember when I still had 1k readers and was very much content with it :'). )