Uraraka Orgin: My Pretty

"Thank you." I said, limping alongside Iida as Uraraka took the lead with her illuminated staff. It was in the middle of the night and the path we walked didn't exist among the twigs and trees. But after what we had just experienced, no one was getting a wink of sleep tonight.

"W-what for?" Iida asked.

"For helping us. Had you not been there, I'm sure we would have been a goner." I sighed. "And...had I not been held at knifepoint, we wouldn't be detouring to Elm to patch me up." Wherever Elm even was. A new place to see, I suppose.

"Don't put yourself down like that. Despite having any experience in combat, kicking that log from the fire back there was quite useful." Iida commended.

"Yeah, Deku. I wouldn't have thought of that. I think it was pretty cool." Uraraka looked back and winked.

I nodded with a small smile. "Thanks, you guys."

———

Though we continued to walk farther though the brush, but I was beginning to slow down. The bandages around my leg had been bled through entirely and I already inhaled all the medical herbs I had brought from home to ease the pain. But nothing was helping the fact that the bandage wrapped around my wound was the equivalent of a dripping sponge. I may have passed out once or twice during the trek to Elm. I was relying on Iida to walk me at that point. Dang in! How could I have left the needle and thread at home?? How frustrating.

"Here it is." Uraraka said showing us a tiny valley filled with trees, moss, and a tiny gorge of stones and running water. I could see the sky getting lighter. Had we been awake the whole night? What time were we attacked? Was my wound as bad as I thought if I lasted that long? Better yet, where were the houses??

"I'll take you to my place, just a little ways down. Just...don't talk to the neighbors." She patted Iida and I on the shoulder.

"Why?" We asked her. But, like clockwork, a dusty looking woman popped her head out of a bush.

"Were you the one who asked for the crushed centipede for that spinal elixir, love?"

Iida and I did not know what to say to that.

"Come on guys! My house is just down here." Uraraka said, flicking her finger. We levitated towards her.

Suddenly, every bush, rock, and fallen tree branch turned over or opened up all around us. Individuals of different heights and rugged attire held out their products, empty jars, or makeshift stands.

"Morning already?" Someone yawned, rubbing his eyes with his...tail?

"Market's open!" Another yelled as Iida and I floated by.

"Rat tail for your anxiety?" Asked a man with stitches laced through his forehead. "No, I'm fine!" He said, as if answering himself.

"Blood sample for elixir nullification?" A man with a rusted scalpel and crow mask hissed at me.

"Tapeworm for you stomach ache?" A cloaked boy asked Uraraka.

"Not today, Tokoyami. Maybe some other time." She nodded kindly.

This was not as common a town as I was expecting. People emerging from the camouflage like scenery, everyone wore cloaks or crooked hats, and not many left where they stood. No wonder I'd never seen this town before. It was so strange and very much a lively place. Even still, it made me wonder.