Forgive Me Kacchan

"Kacchan was...so ambitious. If someone said he couldn't do something, he would go out of his way to prove them wrong by any means. He would brag about how he was better than All Might, taking down monster insects, and even practice learning a strange fire magic without anyone's help. He liked to...prove me wrong the most." I bit my lips between my teeth.

I looked up at everyone. All of their eyes still on me, but no as demanding as before. I swallowed up my tears as I continued.

"10 years ago, when we all spoke proudly about All Might and his triumph in Westlake, Kacchan felt like he needed to prove his bravery was just as true, if not truer, than the legend..."

———

"I'm not afraid of those stupid dragons!" Kacchan yelled at the three dragons circling over Evergreen Peak. His two friends back out of the clearing and ran back, but I stayed. I didn't want anything to happen to Kacchan.

"Kacchan, no! We don't want to intimidate them. Dragons are known for snatching people in open clearings. You aren't All Might!" I exclaimed, looking up at the twilight lit sky. One dragon fell out of formation, shooting at full force down towards us.

It was just a baby.

Though it was smaller compared to the others above, that didn't make it any less terrifying as it got closer and closer. I began to realize how far away Kacchan was from me at that moment. I was at the edge of the clearing, nearest to the path back to Evergreen Villa, and he was front and center on the dirt clearing, right where the dragon was falling.

I felt myself stumble into a run as I rushed toward where he stood. I grabbed Kacchan and tumbled out of the shadow falling and fast approaching as the dragon speed past us with a 'whoosh'.

"Dang it, Deku! Are you stupid? I had it right where I wanted!" Kacchan yelled, shoving me away.

"What you were intending was the equivalent of a boar running full force into a readied cinquedea." I said as the dragon slowed itself to a stop, landing opposite from us by the peak ledge. "Do you ever consider the outcome behind danger?" I yelled with as demanding a voice as I could muster up.

"Shut up!! You're in my way! Move over, Deku!" He said, his fingers twitching as sparks popped in his palm. He was planning to use his magic.

The thing about Kacchan's fire magic was that it didn't respond like normal fire magic. Where fire magic engulfed the hand and stayed lit, Kacchan's just crackled and popped like a defective firework wick. Sometimes it didn't even work when he commanded it. I was on the receiving end once or twice and the pain varied. Sure, it worked, but no one could figure out how it did. Not even Kacchan.

"You're mine, you winged lizard!" Kacchan ran at the dragon with his hand raised high. He let out a amplified yell as he punched at the creature. And every time he hit, black puffs of smoke exhausted from his knuckles. Kacchan wasn't a tactical fight as far as I knew, he was just a hard hitter. And it showed as the dragon inched back at the barrage of punches. The dragon would flap its wings to make him back off, but after a tumble or two, Kacchan would go back to hitting its nose over and over again. But as he was doing this, I noticed the dragon break up the ground a bit with its tail before making little swings.

He couldn't fight fire with fire for long. It didn't take long for the dragon to fight back, waving its tail around at full strength and breathing waves of fire. The baby dragon began to turn the direction of the fight, separating me from Kacchan again and cornering him to the edge of the cliff. They continued to deal each other blows, but I could see they were both getting tired.