The Face of Mine Long Time Past

"Kacchan..!" I gasped, covering my mouth as tears escaped my eyes. My soul felt as if it was leaping from my throat. Was I seeing a ghost? No, it couldn't be. It was too real to be a ghost. But...why was he here? That day, the day that hunted my childhood and late nights, I saw it happen. Kacchan being...

No...stop it.

Kacchan looked past Todoroki, his smile faded as he saw my face. He let him out an awkward laugh, crossed between surprise and pride. He began to pace in front of Todoroki. Did he recognize me? Why was he hesitating? Why was I hesitating? I had to know what he was doing here. The dragon made a growling sound and looked down at Kacchan, its eyes piercing and nose huffing hot air in his direction.

"I know they're watching. That's why we're on a damn schedule, so shut the hell up, KIRISHIMA!!" He yelled, clenched his fist tightly, which was wafting a small puff of black smoke as it shook harder. Not a second later, he was towering over Todoroki. "Listen here, princey boy. I'm only here because the head of the Fire Dragon clan wants to talk to you. He didn't give any details, but he said it involved the fabled flame power passed down and housed in your left side or whatever. So if you don't want a world of pain, I suggest you come and talk it out."

Todoroki eyes narrowed as he clenched his fists. "Why ask me while I'm away from my home? What makes you think I'll respond any different? Being asked to go east up the mountain to use my father's power as if I was hypothetically gifted," he scoffed at the thought, "with the only thing that matters. Don't be so gauche. I'm just a prince, the only one in line to take over and marry. What is it to you and your people? Well?"

"Cut the 'I'm just a prince' bullshit. Even I know what you are! You come from a long line of highly skilled mages. A power long since awakened by the dragons. You ever wonder how connected your essence is to those scaly freaks? Since All Might took down the Ice Dragon, I can only assume they want to discuss such with the next best thing: fire." Kacchan looked back at me, then back at Todoroki. "It is the very thing that actually keeps that bastard king of yours in our good graces. You...wouldn't want to be the one to sever that bond, would you?"

Todoroki glared back at Kacchan without uttering a sound. No one moved, for fear of cutting a string of fate being strung to break. This wasn't a regular negotiation. Like if we interfered, something could go wrong. I could already smell bad blood in the water.

"Now, stop wasting my damn time and get on the goddamn dragon! Not like anything more than your old man's power matters." Kacchan reach for Todoroki's arm, his grimy hands soiling the white fabric of his sleeve.

The prince grabbed the shoulder of the dragon warrior, twisting one arm back with one hand and digging his nails into a bare shoulder with the other. Kacchan smirked dastardly at the tourniquet grasp on his arm as Todoroki glowered at him with his haunting eyes of two colors.

 Kacchan smirked dastardly at the tourniquet grasp on his arm as Todoroki glowered at him with his haunting eyes of two colors

"Now you listen here, you glorified messenger. How many times do I have to say 'NO' before you get it through your head? I don't have the faintest clue what the hell any of you want with me, Okoite, or Altera. But just because my father has sided with your people before, does not mean I will go quietly to Etna without explanation. Especially, when my future is bound to Altera so tightly as it is now. I will not play this game of yours with you or your cheeky redheaded dragon freak anymore. If you so much as look at me wrong or demand I go to the Dragon Village once more, I do not mind sending you back to Dragon Village frozen solid or fried to a crisp as an answer. Do I make myself clear, Katsuki Bakugo?"