Exordium

An unfamiliar scent of Lavender and Lemon captivated my sense of smell as I slowly opened my eyes

An unfamiliar scent of Lavender and Lemon captivated my sense of smell as I slowly opened my eyes. A glint of light blinded me for a while as I gradually adjusted to it. I roamed my sight around with curiosity lurking within, and as my eyes finally laid to the bed, I noticed how exquisite, and expensive the room is.

A piece of sheer delicate fabric was covering half of my body and the pretty, lovely sleeping quarters with a light blue tufted headboard paired with a ruched duvet and a bedside lamp with the touch of dripping crystals. And on the corner of the room was a sheer canopy hanging over a pile of pillows, creating a cuddly reading spot.

The entire room has shades of blue and grey intact to the wall along with classic silvery moldings, keeping the room from being too fussy. But looking around, I can tell that this room belongs to a woman because of the shiny dripping crystals chandelier along with the snowy white faux fur accents and ruffles in the floor as well as the creamy vanity mirror in the side of the mahogany bookshelf and cabinet.

And in the middle of the room, a beautiful black Victorian couch was placed; it was made with Mahogany wood which was carved with swirly and curvy designs. And it was paired with a rectangular Victorian table, which was shiny and looks so expensive. At the top of it was a golden pastry rack filled with different kinds of sweets and cake, and besides it was a porcelain teapot and a cup.

I unconsciously yawned.

And then, I realized something—this is not my fucking room!

My eyes automatically widened as I hugged myself. I wasn’t wearing any clothes underneath the blanket.

What the fuck!

I frustratingly bit my bottom lip as I covered my body with the thin sheet. But before I could fully go to the cabinet, the door suddenly burst open, making me crushed my head to the soft bed. Then, I heard a loud gasped and a loud bang on the door, which made me lift my head.

“Jusmiyo, Clarabelle! Bakit ganiyan ang iyong pustura?” Tangina. Hindi ko rin po alam! Teka nga lang… Clarabelle?

“Clarabelle?”

Saglit n’ya akong pinagmasdan na tila siya ay nagtatakha sa aking kinikilos hanggang sa muli siyang magsalita, “Hindi ko alam kung gaano karami ang pumasok na tubig sa iyong ulo para malimutan mo ang iyong sariling pangalan, ija. Tumayo ka na riyan at kumilos dahil malapit na ang inyong salo-salo kasama ang hari at ang kanyang pamilya.”

“Ha?”

Pinanliitan niya ako saglit ng mata bago siya humarap sa cabinet at do’n ay naghalughog ng mga damit, “Nandito ang iyong mapapangasawa. Isang araw ka nang walang malay kaya siguro’y dinadalaw ka niya.”

Saglit akong napangiwi sa kanya dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang mas nakadudugo, ang pang-eenglish ko o ang purong tagalog niya.

She suddenly handed me a Turquoise Victorian Marie Antoinette gown. It had a thick layer of silk, making me look at her with disbelief. It has a classic lace in the middle and at the end of the sleeves, and to make it more elegant, she gave me a pair of sapphire earrings and a creamy, white choker along with a pair of glass stilettoes.