Explaination

Aang's POV

My head hurts...

Opening my eyes I sit up massaging my head. My vision's still pretty blurry. I look around to see a foggy unfamiliar place. Where the hell am I? I think for a minute and remember everything that happened before I passed out.

I need to get back. Sozin's comet just in a few days and they need me. I hope the gaang is able to find me.

I look around to see the mouse person, shaggy hair guy with a scarf, and a really bony guy with unruly blonde hair. "Who are you?" I question backing away from them.

"Relax. We're just here to ask a few questions. We're not going to hurt you," says the mouse person.

He seems genuine enough. I guess I could answer a few questions. Maybe they can help me because I have no idea where the heck I am.

I nod, he comes closer, and sits on the chair in front of the bed. The others two men walk to stand on either side of the chair. "First off who are you and how did you get here?" asks the mouse person in the soothing voice he had earlier.

"My name is Aang, I'm the avatar and I'm not entirely sure, but the Lion turtle sent me and I don't really know why," I state.

"What is an avatar?" he asks.

Now I'm confused. "You don't know who the avatar is?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "Oh goodness," I mumble under my breath.

"Well as I said I was sent here by a lion turtle and I don't know why so I might as well get comfortable and explain who I am and where I'm from," I say looking at the three men.

"Okay we'll listen but first allow us to introduce ourselves. I am principal Nezu, but please call me Nezu," says the mouse person who I now know at Nezu, "this is Mr. Aizawa," Nezu says pointing to the shaggy hair guy with the white scarf, "and this is Toshinori," he finishes pointing to the blonde bony guy.

"Nice to meet you and I apologize for acting so rash earlier. I find myself in an unfamiliar place with people with odd abilities and it made me anxious," I say rubbing the back of my neck embarrassed.

"It's perfectly understandable, now if you please," Nezu says motioning for me to start.

"Okay. So I'll start from the beginning. Where I'm from there are four nations: the fire nation, earth kingdom, the water tribes, and the air nation(or whatever it's called I'm not entirely sure). A hundred years ago the fire nation began to attack because the fire lord felt they were superior to the other nations. That started a war that has been going on to this day. People of each nation are able to bend one of the four elements: water, fire, earth, and air. The Avatar can bend all four and they are in charge of keeping the balance. At the beginning of the hundred year war the air benders were wiped out making me the last of my kind," I say but am then interrupted by a question.

"But from what you showed earlier, you can...bend all four elements?" questions Mr.Aizawa.

"Yes I can, because I am the Avatar. I am technically over a hundred years old. At the time when the war started, the monks at the southern air temple had decided to start my avatar training early because of the war. The previous Avatar had died and I was born as the new avatar. I was only 14 they usually don't begin to train you until you're 16. (I meant 12 for aang's age...my bad 😗).There was so much forced upon me, I had no time to be a kid. The other monks tried to separate me from monk Gyatso who was the closest thing I ever had to father. I left angry at them and at the fact that I had to be the avatar. There was a storm that night I got caught up in with my flying bison Appa. We crashed into the water, but I was able to save us using the avatar state. The avatar state is this thing where I become more powerful, my eyes and my tattoos glow, and I become super focused. That's the best I could explain it," I say stroking my chin.

"Anyways as I was saying I was able to save us, but we were frozen for a long time. I was woken up a hundred years later by these two sibling who are now my best friends. I don't think I could have come this far with out them. After I woke up I insisted on going back home and they tagged along. But when I got there I learned the truth. My people had been killed by the fire nation. If only I had been there to protect them...," I trail off with a sniffle looking down as I reflect on what happened almost a year ago.

"But I've come to terms with it. Now back to the story. I'm the avatar blah blah blah. So before I was taken here, I was training to finally take on the fire lord and end the war that had plagued my world for over a hundred years. In just a few days there's this comet called Sozin's comet that will give fire benders immense power. Fire lord Ozai plans to use it to finally over power those who the fire nation has yet conquer. My friends went to a play, but I stayed home to meditate, but then my body acted on its own and brought me to the lion turtle. It gave me the advice I needed that my past lives couldn't. But I have no idea how to interpret it, but yet I know that it's the answer I've been looking for..." I trail off  a little unsure.

"If you don't mind us asking, what is the decision you have to make?" asks Toshinori.

"To end the war people expect me to take the life of the fire lord... They think it's the only way. My colleagues, my past lives, but that's not something I want to have to do and break my morals. My past life says that there are sacrifices the Avatar has to make in order to help the world. We are meant to maintain balance. I know it does seems like the only option even his son, my friend who is against his father, expects that I may have to take the life of his father. I mean he doesn't care as much as he should because the fire lord is a terrible father. He scarred my friend's face for life just because he spoke out of turn. Overall he may be a terrible person... but he is still a person. And no one deserves to die," I finish. I release a breath I've been holding since this conversation started and look us that the people in front of me.

"You seem to be holding a lot of weight on your shoulders for someone at such a young age and yes, I do know you're over a hundred years old but those don't count in years of experience. Here we have many super heros to take on all villains, but for you, you're the only one who can take on your villain," says Nezu with a sympathetic gaze, "We will do all we can to help you while you're here, though I'm not entirely sure what we can do, but what kind of hero turns away someone in need."

"Mr.Aizawa we will have her stay with your class in the dorms. Please introduce her and her situation and make sure they disclose none of this to the public or anyone outside your class and the faculty," says Nezu to Mr.Aizawa. Mr.Aizawa nods.

"Do you feel well enough to meet them. I can introduce you to them right now and get you settled in a room if you feel up to it," says Mr.Aizawa. I nod getting up and grabbing my staff. I say goodbye to Nezu and Toshinori and continue to follow Mr.Aizawa out the door.