"Because I never wanted to be"

extra long chapter ahead

3rd person POV

After the introductions, Yaoyarozu brings Aang to the empty room next to hers.

"This is the room that you'll be staying in while you're here," Yaoyarozu says opening a door. Inside the room is a bed with blank white sheets, a desk, a nightstand and a closet. Aang steps in the room and leans her staff against the wall. "Would you like to rest for a little? I could call you when dinner is ready?" Yaoyarozu questions the airbender a little worried about her wellbeing after being shocked full of electricity.

"No worries. I'm fine. I got plenty of rest in your infirmary. If anything I would like to get to know you guys a lot more," Aang says with a grin.

"Sure! I think everyone would love to get to know you more as well. Especially Midoriya. He's sort of a fanatic when it comes to people with amazing powers. He takes notes of other people's abilities to use for future references, " Yaoyarozu tells her. Yaoyarozu beckons her out the door so they could go back to the others. "I think almost everyone is still in the common room," she tells Aang as they walk down the hall. They turn the corner to go to the common room to see Bakugo yelling at Kirishima, while holding him in a headlock and Iida trying to scold Bakugo. They also see Midoriya, Todoroki, Uraraka, Tsu, Kaminari, and Mina there as well. Most looking a little nervous at the scene in front of them.

"You want to say that again shitty hair! I dare you!" Bakugo yells as Aang and Yaoyarozu get closer.  Yaoyarozu leads Aang to sit on one of the couches next to Uraraka and Tsu.

"What happened?" Yaoyarozu questions getting ready to step in if Iida needs assistance.

"Oh Kirishima, Bakugo, and Kaminari were talking and then all of a sudden Bakugo started yelling. Kirishima probably said something that upset him. But I don't know what they were talking about. I wasn't paying attention to their conversation. Bakugo looked a little red when he first started yelling at Kirishima. What he said must have made Bakugo really mad.

Unbeknownst to them, Bakugo wasn't red from anger...

but from blushing.

~Bakugo, Kirishima and Kaminari conversation~

"Bakubro... is there something you want to tell us?" Kirishima asks as he and Kaminari raise their eyebrows suggestively already having discussed to ask Bakugo about his recent behavior.

"What are you talking about shitty hair," Bakugo says with a scowl.

"We're talking about a girl. Don't think we haven't noticed. You staring at her in class. We also see you guys walking in the hall together sometimes. Not to mention that when when got back from our internships, she was able to calm you down after you got super riled up after Midoriya stole your moves during hero basic training," says Kaminari looking at Bakugo suggestively.

"You even tutored after you tutored me for the final exams and you weren't violent at all. Also when you guys talk you seem... softer," Kirishima says raising his eyebrows at Bakugo. Bakugo's face takes a light shade of pink, but other than that, he's shaking in anger and his eyes are narrowed, glaring at Kirisima. Kaminari is just sitting on the other side of the couch looking nervous because he can feel the anger rolling off of Bakugo in waves but in reality it's actually a little embarrassment in there.

and that's when the yelling started...

~back to the present~

"Bakugo. Please calm down. We have a guest here," Iida says chopping his hand at Bakugo.