Lose you tonight

I was waiting for you
Waiting for all my life
And I've been crying for you
Dying for you all this time

- Lose You Tonight by HIM

Chapter 13 - Lose you tonight

Three days later

The members of the cartel including the Milkovich children had to gather in the court room.
"Do you know who this is about?", Mandy asked while they were waiting in the cold room. Mickey hated this room, the spot where so many people died... where Dimitri died in front of him.
"No clue. Ask Iggy"

Iggy and Collin each stood next to their father, Mandy looked at them and then just shook her head, "We'll see in a minute anyways, right?"
Mickey nodded, he looked behind him to Gallagher, who looked at him and for only a second let the smallest smile appear on his lips. Mickey smiled back and then turned around again.

Ian still owed him a final answer. Mickey had already talked to his father about leaving for college outside of Chicago, well, he had tried at least, Terry had only told him "I don't have time for your moods right now, make an appointment if you wanna talk to me"

Yes, Mickey had to make an appointment to talk to his own father – but if Terry and Ian would agree to his plan, it was worth every obstacle.

But Mickey wasn't prepared for the obstacle entering the room.

Angus Field, head of security, was dragged into the court room, his hands bound in front of him, he was shoved to the ground, so he was kneeling in front of Terry.

Mickey suppressed a gasp.

"You betrayed me, Angus", Terry growled, "Men", he shouted around the room, getting everyone's attention, "Mr Field has been my most trusted for two years but now he betrayed us!"

Mickey could feel guilt coming over him in waves, he shuddered. He almost felt the presence of Carl Gallagher in the lower ranks of members in the back of the room. Was Angus here because he got Carl out? Was this Mickey's fault? He knew the answer to it without Terry having to say it.

"You know about the border project. An alliance with a big cartel in Mexico, access to their sources, exclusive loyalty, all that for the mere price of one of my sons being married to a beautiful girl", Terry said and put his hand on Collins back, who stood up straight and looked over the crowd with a similar sense of authority their father did.

"And the negotiations went fine, didn't they? We almost made it and then Mr Field all of a sudden pulled a man out behind my back! Sabotaging the whole operation, you could have ruined this deal for all of us."

"Mr Milkovich please, it isn't ruined the negotiations are still-"
Terry punched him with the handle of the gun and made him fall to the ground, "Did I allow you to speak, rat?"

Mickey couldn't move, he had to tell his own brain to breathe because otherwise he would have just stopped.

Terry said some more words that just turned into one big noise for Mickey.

"On these grounds I sentence your to death for treason", Terry said in the end, without a doubt feeling like a king, "Now, speak your last words."

Angus looked up at him, looking for the right words, than his eyes shifted to Mickey, who stared at him, and his eyes turned hateful.

"My last words", Angus said and looked up at Terry, "Your son is the greatest evil in this room, more than you even. Your son kills everyone that gets close to him, he is a dirty fucking f- "

Terry shot him dead before he could finish his sentence.

Mickey stood there like he was made of solid marble.
Everyone was silent.