I'll let you down

But I've been down this road once before and I've stared down the barrel of my heart.
It stopped completely when they took you away, but I guess victims we don't change.
But don't take it from me, because I'll let you down

- I'll let you down by Frank Iero and the Patience

Chapter 14 - I'll let you down

Mickey and Ian lay in Mickey's bed.
Mickey lay on top of the ginger, a smile on his face.

"Sandy said, we can stay with her for now until we found our own apartment.", Mickey said.
Ian ran his hand through Mickey's hair, "I guess you already have your eye on something?"
"I looked at a few things I could find on the internet. I have so much fucking time when I'm not too high to move", he chuckled, "But we're gonna decide together."

Ian grinned at him and kissed him.
"I hand in my notice tomorrow and next week we're finally out of this place.", he whispered, "It sounds almost too good to be true."
"Don't jinx it Gallagher", Mickey rolled his eyes and pecked his lips.

"I love you so much", Ian mumbled, he couldn't believe how lucky he was whenever he looked into Mickey's blue eyes, "We're gonna have a good life together, right?"
"Of course, we will.", Mickey bit his bottom lip, "Are you having doubts?"

Ian shook his head, "No, I want this, I want you."
"And the Army?"
Ian shook his head, "I chose you, Mick. The Army would be a big adventure, but what good would that do me if I could lose you through it?"
Mickey smiled, "Well, if you ever want more adventure than living as a gay couple in New York, we can always make vacation in Texas."
Ian laughed and pulled him into a light kiss.

Ian gently pushed Mickey into the mattress, so he was on top of him now.
"I have to go now."
"Not yet", Mickey asked and ran his hands down Ian's shoulders.
"I have to go home, I haven't explained the whole thing to my family yet. And I have to write a notice."

"Boring"
"I know, babe, but it has to be done."
"You can do what has to be done after you've done me", he smirked.
"I will do you for the rest of my life", Ian smiled down at him, "I have to do the boring stuff that has to be done now so I can do that."

"Okay", Mickey sighed.
Ian pecked his lips, "Good night Mickey", he whispered and got up from the bed.
"Good night. Text me tomorrow after you handed it in your notice, yeah?"
"Okay", Ian took his things and quietly left the room, smiling at Mickey when he was at the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mickey woke up late the next day and just rolled around in his bed until he was feeling like getting up.
After a big breakfast he stayed in his room and continued to plan his and Ian's trip to Sandy next week.

He kept looking at his phone, waiting for Ian's text.

He had never cared what happened to the bodyguards he let Angus fire. Mickey didn't have anything to do with the cartel, so all the information his security could gather from being around him at all times was more or less useless for the cops. Angus told him, that Mickey's bodyguards, who got fired because Mickey got tired of them or because Terry blamed them for Mickey being a rebel, just got enough money to make sure they wouldn't snitch to anyone and that's it.

But Mickey knew how violent his family was. And for now, Iggy was in charge of security around this place. He hoped they didn't do anything to Ian, like making sure he wouldn't snitch by beating him up and scaring him.

Mickey: you okay?

Mickey finally sent him a text. He had a bad feeling about this. He distracted himself by texting with Sandy about their trip, but he ended up pacing through the room and sending him a few more texts.