Brother

Why is it always stormy weather
And brother, tell me if it all gets better
Why did you leave? Why did you die?
You finally made your brother cry
I know you're watching over us tonight
And I hope you're watching over us tonight

- Brother by Falling in Reverse

Chapter 15 - Brother 

Iggy Milkovich couldn't help but wonder about his brother. After Mickey had talked to the prisoner, his youngest brother refused to look at him and just quickly walked away, but Iggy was sure he had cried.

Iggy usually just did what he was told to do. When Ian Gallagher came into his office yesterday morning, he was captured and put into one of Terry's torture rooms. No questions asked.

Terry said he was a snitch and with that it was over for Iggy.

But he had met Ian Gallagher a few times over the last months he had been here. He was the best bodyguard Mickey ever had. He never let him escape, he spent the night with him when Mickey was tripping, he hid his drugs so Mickey would quit using so much. He had considered Ian a good friend to Mickey.

And Mickey and he seemed pretty close. Mickey wouldn't allow any random bodyguard to sleep in his room on the couch just because he got high. He wouldn't allow his bodyguard to hide his drugs, he wouldn't demand to see him, and he wouldn't cry after seeing him.

Something was going on here, something Terry, Collin and he didn't know about, probably shouldn't know about. It was itching the inside of Iggy's brain, usually nothing did that. Usually he couldn't care less about anything... but Mickey worried him.

All the drug use over years and the running away and coming back beaten up – Gallagher put a stop to that. Mickey's wish to leave, Angus Field calling one of them (probably Mickey) evil, Mickey crying when Ian was in a cell for being a snitch... Iggy couldn't help himself but wanting to find out what was going on.

It was around midnight, he was pacing through his room when he made up his mind.
He put some clothes on and quickly walked through the hallways of the building, his own security detail followed him closely. He got down to the room Gallagher was in. He was guarded of course but the guard let Iggy in pretty quickly.

Gallagher was allowed to sleep on a stained mattress in the corner of the room. Iggy quietly walked over to the camera Terry always used to film his prisoners with. It was shut off... Mickey must have shut it off... he didn't want anyone to see or know what he had talked about with Gallagher. He walked to the left where another camera lay, a smaller one. Almost no one knew about it because it was exactly for spying on people who wanted to talk alone to the prisoner and shut off the first camera.

Iggy hoped Mickey had no idea about the second camera. He took it, it was still on. Iggy checked the recorded material. Yes, there Mickey and Ian, talking, hugging... kissing.
Iggy's eyes widened. He stopped at a random point and tried to understand what they were saying.

"I love you so much, Mickey, look at me... please look at me"
Mickey looked up at him again.
"I love you"
"I love you, too"

Iggy almost let the camera fall. They weren't friends... they were lovers...
Iggy hid the camera under the thin jacket he had thrown over his clothes and left the room.
He wordlessly made his way to Collin's room. He didn't have a plan, he didn't know what he wanted from Collin, his legs brought him there on their own.

He barged into the room, "Collin I need to talk to you!"
It was late, but Collin wasn't sleeping yet. Instead he was in bed, naked, with a woman on top of him,
The girl squealed and pulled a blanket up to her chin.