Chapter 3: Interested

Ive got some big things planned for this story, enjoy the chapter!

  Nezu

  I perched on Shota's shoulder, nestled into his scarf.

  "Good evening everyone, thank you for being present at this meeting. We have a few interesting matters to discuss, the foremost concerning an applicant to the school. Young Izuku Midoriya, often referred to by 'Deku'-" I saw Yagi flinch at the mention of that "- took the hero course entrance exam the other day. Now, before I begin, Yagi, could you tell us what you know about him?"

  Toshinori looked a little afraid at being singled out, however he quickly stood to speak.

  "I happened to meet Deku a few months ago, and the encounter has stayed with me ever since then. He was.. scary. There is no other way to put it. I rescued him from a villain who tried to suffocate him, once he awoke he merely brushed himself down and walked off!"

  Most of the teachers were starting to look intrigued.

  "When I asked him if he was okay, he turned around and said 'I'm fine Yagi, thank you.'. I was about to take off before I realized he'd used my real name. When I faced him again, he looked like he knew I would look back, with absolute certainty. I asked him how he knew my name, and all he said was 'i know everything'."

  I hummed thoughtfully. "Thank you Yagi, that is interesting indeed."

  Toshinori sat again, shaking and mumbling something about "those eyes".

  I glanced briefly at my stack of papers. "Young Izuku seems to be a genius. He aces every kind of test or exam thrown at him. He is apparently so smart he can predict things in the near future, he can see the links between actions, and how they affect events. He talks very little however, and anyone who has heard him speak says it's 'horrifying'. He has been assessed by specialists, who all give the same conclusion. Deku is insane. He has an obsession, people believe, with time."

  More than half of the staff members looked vaguely horrified.

  I cleared my throat. "Nobody but Izuku seems to know what his quirk is, although a few have speculated one similar to mine. The worst part is, it appears to be his quirk that has driven the boy to insanity, yet no Ody understands why."

  Even the stoic Eraserhead looked pitying of the boy.

  "Poor kid.." Yamada mumbled quietly.

  "I would like you all to keep an eye on him, and Shota, don't erase his quirk, we don't know what that could do to his mind. It may fix it, but when he goes back it will make it much worse."

  "Of course." Aizawa replies.

  "We'll look out for the boy." Cementoss says.

  All Might looks vaguely upset with himself.

  I sigh, and shuffle my papers.

  "The next item on our list.."

  Inko Midoriya

  "Izuku?" I ask, opening the door. "Izuku, are you okay?"

  He looks at me from his bed, looking away from the clock he's been staring at for hours. I can hear his fingers tapping the rhythm.

  He pauses a moment, before nodding yes. I sigh with relief.

  "Okay. Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes."

  I move to close the door.

  "Okay."

  ???

  *One done, saved her saved her, saved her but save him. Save him save him save him...*

  Katsuki Bakugo

  "Yo Deku, did you get in?" I ask the nerd when I open his door. He looks up from his clock.

  "Tick tock, just in time, just in time, saved her saved her."

  I pause. He's.. talking without reason? He only talks when necessary. And he 'saved her'? Who's her? All he's ever gone on about for the past 10 years is 'save her'!

  "Who did you save Izuku?" I ask carefully. Is it his quirk?

  He looks up at me with a light in his eye. ... Pride?

  "Saved her. Tick tock stop. Saved her saved her."

  I sigh. He's the same, just more talktive.

  I grin. "Well, whoever you saved, well done Deku."

  A second later, the light goes out in his eyes, and they blankly return to the ticking clock.

  I sit next to him and stare at the clock.

  "I don't get what you find so interesting about clocks Izuku.. this one's not even All Might themed."

  "Tick tock. Eraser clock. Tick tock stop."

  I sigh. "That's a new one. Wasn't it always mochi clock? Tick tock mochi clock? If there's something you need to say, you don't have to talk in riddles Deku."

  Surprisingly, he turns to me.

  "Save him. Tick tock stop the clock, Eraser's clock will stop."

  I look worriedly at him. "So this.. Eraser.. needs saving?"

  "Tick tock."

  "Soon?"

  "Clock will stop."

  I smile. "Don't worry, whoever it is, well save him."

  *Finally, an insight into his quirk... Danger sense of some kind..?*

  Izuku turns back to his clock, muttering. "Tick tock tick tock."