Chapter 8: Disaster.

Katsuki Bakugo

  The sports festival is today, and Deku is looking aware of that fact. He's not ticked all day, and his eyes are scanning his soon to be opponents. He's muttering, but they're almost coherent words, not clock noises.

  Izuku Midoriya

  Zero gravity. Explosion. Engine. Tail. Frog. Half hot half cold. Navel laser. Hardening. Tape. Acid. Creation. Earphone jack. Invisibility. Dupli arms. Sugar rush. Pop off. Electricity. Anivoice. Dark shadow. Copy. Weld. Hard air. Twin impact. Brainwashing. Zoom.

  Third person.

  The students took their places at the start of the obstacle race. Bakugo kept his eye on Izuku, but the moment Midnight yelled "GO!" He blasted forwards.

  Todoroki attempted to freeze the competition, but was unable to get any of 1A. He turned to keep running, and was surprised to see Izuku Midoriya sprinting ahead of him. He had a determined glint in his eye, no trace of madness left on his face. Shoto threw an ice trail at him to slow him down, but it did the opposite.

  Izuku jumped without looking back, skating on the icy path that formed before him. Shoto cursed, sprinting after the greenhead.

  Zero pointers erupted from the ground, blocking Izuku and Shoto's path. Izuku somehow dodged the robot's attacks with ease, passing through the 'Robo Inferno' in seconds.

  The audience was stunned. Some random kid who seemingly hadn't used his quirk yet was outpacing the son of Endeavour without breaking a sweat!! Aizawa looked smug beneath his bandages. Present Mic too was as dumbfounded as the crowd. Nezu cackled from his seat among the other teachers.

  *So this is what you can do Izuku Midoriya?*

  Soon enough, the other examinees passed the first obstacle. Izuku was already starting the third and final one, the minefield. Shoto was just starting the Fall. Bakugo had caught Shoto, but couldn't pass him.

  Izuku Midoriya

  *Ten Million points? That's a little ridiculous, although it is pretty accurate to All Might's position. Everyone is after him. Who do I want on my team... Uraraka. Hatsume will approach me. Tokoyami will need convincing. That's my winning team.*

  The finish line comes into view.

  Shota Aizawa

  "AND IZUKU MIDORIYA TAKES FIRST PLACE?? HE HAS DEFEATED ALL OF HIS PEERS WITHOUT USING HIS QUIRK AT ALL! INCREDIBLE!!" Mic shouted from beside me.

  The kid did good, even I'll admit. But there's no reason to scream.

  I look down at the students trickling into the arena. Surprisingly, Shinsou did well. His quirk was useful here after all.

  The kids are choosing their teams. Midoriya went for an.. interesting combination. He went for mobility and heavy defence. Makes sense, if he's got the ten million. It almost seems like he knew Hatsume would come to him.. he turned to face her before she'd even gotten close...

  Later

  It's time for the one on one battles. Midoriya and Shinsou. I wonder who will come out on top? They have the same physique. Both with mental quirks. Clairvoyance or brainwashing? Which comes out on top?

  Izuku Midoriya

  Brainwashing.

  Half hot half cold.

  Engine.

  Explosion.

  Awards.

  Disaster.

  Hostage.

  Warp gate. Decay. Strength. Regeneration. Shock dampener.

  "Tick tock tick tock. We're running out of time..." I whisper.

  "First place the hostage. My fault. He knows, he figured out my quirk, he wants it, he's coming."

  TickTickTickTickTickTick...