Chapter 10: Hostage

For anyone who didn't understand, the sentences with ~ before them didn't happen. They would have if Izuku hadn't acted on what he saw. Make of that what you will :)

  "Start!" Midnight yelled.

  Katsuki rocketed forwards, analyzing Izuku's movements.

  *I've never fought him before.. but I know how formidable he is from watching him fight half and half.* He thought.

  Katsuki watched Izuku tense and leap to the right, dodging Katsuki's right hook and grabbing it, flipping him over his head.

  Katsuki stared down at his opponent, his vision moving as if in slow motion.

  Izuku was staring right into his eyes. He was grinning, his brow furrowed with the effort.

  Katsuki hit the arena floor, spitting curses and rolling away from Izuku's foot.

  "So.. you're awake again." Katsuki said. It wasn't a question, both contestants smiled at eachother.

  Izuku didn't reply, leaping forward and throwing a punch under Katsuki's outstretched arm, ducking beneath his explosion.

  Katsuki coughed, taking a few steps back, leaping at his friend with murderous intent.

  "You sly little shit." He said. "You've been hiding this skill the whole time, haven't you?"

  Izuku chuckled, sweeping Katsuki's legs out from under him and using his own explosion to launch Katsuki out of bounds.

  Immediately the smile vanished, his eyes clouded over and he walked towards the exit.

  "IZUKU MIDORIYA WINS THE TOURNAMENT!" Present Mic screamed.

  Katsuki got up and walked after his friend.

  "Good job Izuku." He said when he caught him.

  The ghost of a smile found its way into Izuku's emotionless face, his dull eyes softening as they landed on his friend beside him.

  Izuku Midoriya

  The podiums rose, showing the crowd the placements.

  I'm in the middle, with Katsuki on my right and Tokoyami to my left. The crowd roars, but I ignore them, staring at the dark hallway at the other side of the arena, directly behind Midnight.

  "They're coming they're coming they're coming tick tock times up.."

  "Izuku? What's wrong?" Katsuki asks me.

  I'm sorry Kacchan I'm sorry I can't I want to but you'll be hurt they've planned for this they want my power I have to stop them but my quirk must stay hidden I'm sorry Kacchan please forgive me I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry

  All Might leaps down and awards medals to third and second.

  The moment the medal is around my neck..

  All Might pauses before me.

  "Well done young Midoriya, I must say I wasn't expecting this! You have earned this my boy.." he says.

  The medal comes closer, but my gaze is locked under All Might's arm and over Midnight's head.

  "Something's wrong All Might!" Katsuki yells.

  The medal stops, but that dosent stop the villains.

  A purple mist explodes out of the hallway, 200 meters behind Midnight.

  All Might spins around, spotting the familiar portal, with a familiar villain emerging.

  "Nomu!" All Might growls.

  The thing most people fail to see is the portal opening right behind Izuku. Izuku spins on his heel, grabbing the emerging hand and pulling forwards with all his strength.

  Shigaraki is caught off guard, getting thrown forwards and landing on his back.

  Katsuki, without a moment's hesitation, leaps forwards off of the podiums and holding Shigaraki down by the forearms.

  "I've seen what these hands can do." He spat. "I'm not giving you the chance to use them."

  Izuku jumped down, removing the hand from the Villain's face.

  "Who the fuck are you?" Katsuki asked.

  Tokoyami, about to jump after Izuku, was caught by a four fingered grip around his throat from behind.

  "So.." the villain said. "Sensei was right about your quirk. You.. predict things. It dosent work so well when there are too many variables in your opponents plan."

  Shigaraki raised a pair of 20 sided dice.

  "We decided on plan 26 using these dice. Predicting 40 plans at once and their various outcomes is too much for even you." The hand villain gloated.

  Izuku scowled.

  The one thing the only thing I hate these villains they're too clever how could they know chance is my weakness?

  Izuku turned away from the fake Shigaraki, glaring up at the real one holding Tokoyami hostage.

  The Nomu exited the arena through a portal. It was a diversion, only a distraction to keep All Might away from the real danger. It wasn't even half as powerful as the USJ Nomu, it only looked identical.

  All Might glared at the hand villain, who had Kurogiri beside him.

  Tokoyami stood absolutely still, trying to signal Dark Shadow without speaking.

  Shigaraki hovered his fifth finger dangerously close to the boy's throat.

  "Just try and call out your little friend. See what happens to your neck." He warned.

  "What do you want Villain?" All Might boomed.

  Shigaraki laughed.

  "I want Izuku Midoriya to come with us. Unless he complies, the bird brain here dies." He demanded.

  Izuku's eyes flicked to the right of Tokoyami briefly, before staring Shigaraki in the face.

  He smiled.

  "What's so funny brat?" He asked.

  "Put your last finger down. See what happens." Izuku goaded.

  Everyone was shocked.

  "Izuku, what are-"

  "Trust me Katsuki." Izuku whispered.

  Katsuki hesitated, but he trusted his friend.

  "Go on handjob bastard. See what happens when you try and kill your only hostage." Katsuki mocked.

  Both students grinned menacingly at the man child, infuriating him.

  "Go ahead. I doubt the darkness within you is deeper than the darkness within me." Tokoyami said, feeling a hand on his throat.

  Shigaraki had enough, placing his pinkie finger on..

  An invisible barrier?

  Shigaraki tried again, moving his finger back and forth.

  "Wha-AAHHH!!" He screamed.

  Hagakure broke his finger, grabbing Tokoyami and jumping off of the podium, away from Shigaraki.

  Katsuki, upon hearing the scream, blasted towards the villains.

  Dark shadow flew from his friend's back, his claws swiping at the villain.

  Kurogiri opened a warp gate, pushing the cursing villain inside.

  Katsuki and Dark shadow were a second too slow, flying through the space the villains were a moment ago.

  Izuku sighed with relief.

  The sports festival was over.