V. the split

the day of reckoning is here my lovelies~
-
fourteen / hours / until / the / split

A thunderstorm rolled in a few hours before George fell asleep. 'How fitting...' he said to himself, closing his eyes and listening to the soft pitter patter of rain hitting his roof. Every thirty or so seconds the frame of his window shades would light up with every strike of lightning. The sound of calming thunder pulled George into sleep, the last thing George thought he heard was the faint calling of his name...

"George..."

It took George a second to recognize where he was... he was in the lab...

"George! George please help! Let me out! Please! Please..." screamed a begging voice from inside the newly installed glass tube. The tube was foggy but he saw a fist banging on the glass from the inside.

George ran up to the tube, frantically placing his hands up against the glass. "Clay? Clay! Are you okay?"

"George!" Clay's voice rang out, "it hurts... help me please, George, please!" His friend begged, his fists banging against the glass tube, trying to break free.

A loud screeching alarm sounded from in the room. The machine was wailing, a bright ERROR flashed quickly on its screen. With each rhythmic scream from the machine George's heart dropped further into his stomach.

"Clay, just hang on okay? I'm gonna help you!" George screamed, panic rising in his voice. He abandoned the tube and approached the new machine, he quickly pressed cold uncaring buttons and flicked sinister switches on the machine, making weak attempts at powering it off. He slammed his fists into the machine's keyboard and the blaring stopped.

Fog from the tube entered the room, meaning the tube's entrance was opened up, cold air followed the fog as it surrounded George. He heard footsteps... they were heavy... loud... but he couldn't see or really tell where they were coming from.

"Oh George..."

George froze with fear. 'Was it the AI?' But it sounds like Clay.'

"Where are you George..." Clay's voice trailed into a terrifying laugh... "Come out to play~" the voice dragged on.

George backed himself into the table in the middle of their lab. "Clay... Clay you're scaring me please stop." He whispered, not daring to speak any louder.

'What do I do? This has to be a prank... This is all a prank. That's it... it's all just a silly prank and he's fine.' George thought, beginning to shake.

"I've found you George..." Clay's voice was almost... different... in a way. It was almost... evil.

George looked around frantically. A menacing laugh sounded like it came from all directions in the lab. He shook in antagonizing fear.

As soon as he turned his head to the left a hand tightened itself around George's throat. "I've got you..."

George struggled to breathe and his hands tried prying away at Clay's.

"You made me into a monster."

'Clays eyes... those aren't his...'

George was slammed into the ground with anger. He tried crawling away backwards, but to no avail Clay grabbed him, sliding him closer.

"You... killed me..." Wicked hands pried at George.

"No!" George begged as Clay hoisted George up. "This... this isn't you... please Clay."