XVII. one week until the merge

uh oh

here we go
-

George and Nick stormed through the long halls of the facility, running as fast as they could, carrying an unconscious Clay or Dream- they weren't quite sure which one survived the merge.

The footsteps of guards sounded as the blaring alarm faded in and out. They skid to a stop, seeing the guards flood the hallway in front of them. They dipped into a small cut through, seeing the exit of the building just up ahead.

-one / week / until / the / merge-

George looked around Clay's house, searching for clues to ensure that they had been here.

He'd heard of this Men-In-Black type stuff before from ILES, there'd been thousands upon thousands of experiments done at the hands of ILES scientists. This was part of the reason George was so worried about their experiment going awry- and why he wanted it to be kept a secret.

If Clay were naïve enough to believe President R when she said he and Dream would be let free after testing, he would have agreed to whatever bullshit lie she told him. Which he was.

ILES wasn't a good company, it didn't take a genius to know that. Out of the three major world saving companies, ILES had the most failed and 'missing' experiments. They were rude to their employees, and if said employees threatened to spill the secrets going on in ILES' walls, they would be deleted from humanity. No traces would be left.

He'd had Nick describe the experience a few times over, hoping and praying each time that it wasn't ILES, but government officials.

And each time he felt more and more like it was ILES' doing.

It made sense for ILES to want to keep tabs on Clay, he did undergo a major experiment. ILES always wants to keep track of them. They'd had too many slip ups in the past.

George knew it was all too good to be true.

And now Clay, Dream, or both could die because of it.

Project A7D was a mild project for ILES because of it's 'A' status. If you went further down the line of letters, you'd find inhumane experiments done by ILES. Human's would be sold to ILES for experimentation, and they'd never be seen again.

Of course Clay wouldn't know of the dark side ILES' actually has. Why would he? He's wanted to work for them since he was younger. George, however, wasn't as fortunate to want to work for them. There's only so many places you can go to work as a coder, even though the modern world revolves around codes.

George's first run-in with ILES was when he was younger, his aunt happened to be a scientist working at the England branch. She had been working on an 'E' tier experiment.

When it went haywire, most of the England branch of ILES went dark. She was never seen or heard of again.

The only thing ILES gave to George's mother in her sister's disappearance was a box of her desk belongings.

He remembered one weird memory of his aunt speaking to his mother. It was late, way too late in the evening for 10 year old George to be awake, but there he was, snooping on his mom and aunt.

His aunt sounded worried, and George could see that she looked over her shoulder every few seconds. "If anything happens to me," his aunt spoke quietly, barely loud enough for George to catch on. "Don't trust anything ILES does. And never let him anywhere near an ILES facility."

His mother hugged his aunt and nodded, George rushed back to his room and under his bed covers.

The next day, his aunt's part of the England branch was reported to have 'exploded' killing thirteen scientists and an unknown amount of experiments.