XII. a stressful condition

hey! how is everyone? I just wanted to let you know that I'm always here to chat if anyone needs help!

-

Clay woke up when he heard the thud from the hallway. When he reached the scene, Dream had George cradled in his arms carefully.

"What the hell? What happened?" Clay asked, kneeling next to George and his identical counter. Dream stumbled out a panicked "I don't know!" before checkin George's neck for a pulse, as if George would have just collapsed and died.

"We- we gotta get him to a hospital or something! What was he doing?" Clay asked frantically.

"I don't know! I was in the bedroom, I heard a bang and here he was!"

"Uh- okay okay. Just stay with him I'll get the keys and we'll take him to the hospital just make sure he doesn't start convulsing or something." Clay stood quickly, speeding to the location of his keys, which had been hanging on a key rack in the kitchen. "Dream! Pick him up and bring him to the car!" Clay sprinted out of the house, opening his car door so Dream could bring George to the vehicle.

He hopped in the drivers seat, starting the car, as soon as he got in. Dream sat in the back with George in his lap, playing with his hair like he did the first day of his creation.

Clay sped to the hospital, ignoring traffic laws, simply hoping he could go without being pulled over by a cop.

His surroundings blurred from the speed of the car, racing along the streets just like his thoughts. 'Did I cause this? Is this my fault?' Clay frowned, shaking his head as he tried to clear his mind. He'd think about this later, all that mattered to him now is that George got help.

They made it to the hospital fairly quickly, light traffic and Clay's urgency aiding them in their quest. "Hey! Someone help! My friend- he- he passed out!" Clay yelled, breath heavy in his lungs. His shouting grabbed the attention of a male nurse, who grabbed a gurney and brought it to Dream, who gently placed George down.

"We'll take him to run some tests, please stay calm and sit down." The young nurse who's name tag read "Zak" spoke. A few other nurses followed along as they wheeled George down the hall. Clay collapsed into a chair, running a hand through his hair.

Dream sat next to him, if people gave them weird looks they'd just have to say they were identical twins while here. "What did you guys talk about last night?"

Truth be told, Clay knew something was up when Dream didn't leave George's room. He knew something was different when he was sitting on the couch and started to blush and feel those butterflies for no reason. He knew Dream did something, but he didn't know what.

"I just calmed him down. I told him you didn't mean what you said- which was a dick move of you by the way." Dream sounded annoyed, he was on guard more than usual.

Clay sighed, "I know." He shifted in the chair, leaning back against the back rest, the back of his head resting against the hospital wall. "Am I a horrible person?"

"George probably thinks so." Dream shrugged, imitating Clay's stance. The two were passed by various nurses and doctors, bustling to their next locations. "He'll forgive you though..." Dream trailed off. George kissed him back, he obviously had to harbor some feelings for Clay if he did that.