XIV. catch and keep

ehheehhe I need to stop writing oneshots

-Ouf um warnings: needles-

"So you're telling me..." Techno pursed, "that everything went totally wrong and you guys have no idea what to do?"

Dream nodded, showing Techno a photo of Clay. "Somehow during the process Clay's mind extracted me, I'm pretty much everything internal thought that crosses his mind personified."

"That's not terrifying at all." Techno laughed. "Anywho, you guys haven't thought about talking to President R? She'd probably help you guys rather than hurt you."

"I don't know, I'm not used to being on my own, you feel me?"

"I'd rather not-." Techno responded almost immediately and Dream laughed. "I would however suggest the three of you go to the president anyways."

"Yeah that's not happening," Dream spoke, he didn't plan on facing George and Clay any time soon. "I'm laying low for a while." Dream said with a smile and Techno shrugged.

"Well man," Techno sighed, "I'm gonna go now, but let me know if you all figure stuff out." Dream watched as he disappeared, finally deciding to get out of the car and enter his temporary home.

They let Dream have a room and he immediately noticed how cold it was on his own. He decided on a shower and then bed, but was interrupted by a knock on the door. He couldn't have gotten here already...

Dream opened the door and saw himself face to face with a bright light, before fainting.

Clay and Nick got to his house. "He's not here." Clay groaned, about ready to give up. Where else would I try to go? He thought.

"I'm sure he's just hiding it out somewhere," Nick responded. "We'll head back to the hospital for a little while and wait on George before we look some more."

Clay agreed silently, feeling a sudden coldness inside, originating from something other than him.

"Wait Nick-." Clay paused in the doorway. "Something wrong... I-."

Nick turned to face Clay who looked visibly distraught.

"I can't feel him anymore." Clay spoke the only words that sort of made sense.

"What? What does that mean?" Nick asked, leaning over to help his friend who was clutching the wall hard.

"I- I usually can feel him? Like a prick on the back of my neck or a feeling in my chest but now it's just cold." Clay looked up with actual tears in his eyes. "What does this mean Nick?"

"I, I'm not sure. Come on, we'll look some more I'm sure he's fine, just asleep or something." Nick ushered him, but turned around to see that a black car had pulled up outside of Clay's home. "Clay were you supposed to-." A fist collided with Nick's face as he fell to the ground.

Clay didn't have time to register what was happening before he looked into a bright light, feeling the world submerge into the cold black nothingness.

He woke up in a bright room, strapped to a table, his wrists and legs bound, and not in the good way. Clay's eyes took a while to adjust to the bright lights of the facility he was in.

He looked around, seeing himself, Dream... strapped down as well. His head pounded as he heard beeping of what he thought were heart monitors, but were to just machines.

Dream's right arm was hooked to a machine and a needle poked out of his skin. Upon seeing the state Dream was in Clay felt a similar pain in his left arm.