VII. the dog days aren't over

bonjour!

I love you! Just know that!

-

an / hour / after / the / split

'It's been 10 minutes in this stupid closet.' Dream huffed mentally, his legs were already beginning to cramp up in the position he was in. If you had thought he would stand until his Georgie came to get him then you were dead wrong.

He'd propped a wet floor sign under the door handle, hoping it would stop anyone from trying to open the door. Dream sighed.

'I miss George. I wonder what he and me are talking about right now.'

You see, Dream was desperately in love with George. Which isn't to say that Clay wasn't.

Dream has all the same memories as Clay, but to Clay, they were just memories. To Dream, they were his everything. Dream thought of himself as Clay's thoughts and mind, if they were a person. Maybe he was a little bit more than that, but he hadn't really had much time to think about what he could do now that he was his own person. Usually, Dream would be ever present in Clay's mind, helping him to make decisions and feel how he feels.

A smile slid its way across Dream's face and his cheeks turned a pretty shade of pink.

'George is so pretty. Pretty brown eyes and fluffy brown hair. A charming smile and an adorable laugh. God he's such a cutie.' Dream traces circles into the floor with his finger, paving through the dirt on the floor.

'I hope I treat him well... I want to treat him well.' Dream thought to himself, pressing his forehead to the wall and shutting his eyes. It had already taken a ton of energy to be fully sentient after being split from his main body. He fell into a slight slumber.

/

Clay and George settled on saying that the merge was a success, and that they wanted some time to monitor side effects. They claimed the AI wasn't strong enough to have influence over anything but Clay's thoughts and that he should be totally fine otherwise.

"Thank you boys, I'm so proud that the merge went well! Clay, when you are ready let George split you and the AI. You both have as much time as you need off to monitor any side effects. But please, at least be back within a few months!" President R left once more, a proud smile on her face.

Both George and Clay let out a sigh of relief when she turned the corner. "I'm glad that's over with." Clay said, fanning himself with his hand.

"Yeah me too- Oh my god, Dream!" George's relief changed into something Clay couldn't recognize before George sped out of the lab and down a few doors.

He knocked on the door, quietly letting out the words: "Dream, are you in there?" George looked over his shoulders to make sure no one was around before trying the handle. The door budged a bit, but still didn't open. A few moments of trying led him to go get Clay, who couldn't get in either.

"So he got himself locked in? That's definitely something I'd do." Clay pondered.

"What matters is that we get him out, but why isn't he answering us?" George tried the knob once more.

"He fell asleep." Clay shrugged.

"What? How do you know?" George three a puzzled look at the blond.

"I'm getting tired, so I think it's cause he and I are the same or something like that." Clay shrugged again, he really couldn't explain why, but he could just tell. It was sorta like a prick in the back of his brain.