Chapter One: Literature Day!

???: "Heey! Wait up!"

I see a girl running towards me in the distance, waving her arms in the air like she's totally oblivious to any attention she might draw herself into.

Her name is Takagi. My friend from junior high school who also happens to be in the same high school as mine.

You know, the kind of friend you'd never see yourself making today, but it just kinda works because you know each other for so long?

We used to walk to school on days like this when we were in junior high, but starting high school, she started to oversleep frequently and I would get tired of waiting.

But I just sigh and wait for her in the idle of the crosswalk and let her catch up to me.

Takagi: "Haaaaahh....hey Nishikata. You did wait for me after all."

Nishikata: "Yeah, did you overslept again? You don't usually oversleep at all from this point."

Takagi: "Said someone who watches 200% Unrequited Love all the time."

Nishikata: "What!? Hey! Don't get too loud! They might know!"

Takagi: "Ahaha! Anyways, thanks for waiting though."

We cross the street together and make our way to school. As we draw near, the streets became increasingly speckled with other students with their daily commute.

Takagi: "By the way, Nishikata, have you decided to join a club yet?"

Nishikata: "Nah, not really. I'm not really interested to join any club yet. I haven't been looking either."

Takagi: "But you said you would join a club this year."

Nishikata: "Eh? Did...I?"

I'm sure it's possible I did in one of our many conversations where I dismissively go along with whatever she's going about.

Takagi likes to worry about me when I'm perfectly fine with spending my time in anime and games for a while.

Takagi: "Yeah. You just didn't care because you like to spend your free time in anime and games. Isn't it Nishikata?"

I'm just worried that you won't have any social skills before college. And I know you just scrub it off now, but I'd die at the thought of you becoming a NEET in a few years just because you're not used to the real world.

You trust me, right? Don't make me keep worrying about you."

Takagi leans closer to me, showing a face of concern.

Nishikata: "A-alright!! I'll look at a few clubs, okay!?"

Takagi: "Hihihi~"

Why do I get myself lectured by such a carefree girl? More than that, I'm surprised I even relent myself to her.

I guess seeing her worry so much about me makes me want to ease her mind a bit, even if she does exaggerate everything inside her head.

And as always, she teased me all over again on the way to school.

A few moments later.

The school day is as ordinary as ever and it's over before I know it.

After I pack up my things and stares blankly at the wall, looking for an ounce of motivation.

Nishikata: "Clubs..."

Takagi said that she wanted me to check on some clubs, huh? I guess the anime club will be the first choice since I love anime.

???: "Hellooo? Nishikata?"