Chapter Nine: Not Only Him

I figured I shortened the character's name in the dialogue for quicker writing. You will see this in the next chapter and Purist 2

Dictionary:

T: Takagi

N: Nishikata

M: Monika

S: Sayori

Nat: Natsuki

Y: Yuri

Tak: Takao

Kim: Kimura

Hou: Houjou

Ham: Hamaguchi

Monika's POV

Nat: "Ugh! Are those two did not go to school again? So much for them being lovey-dovey."

Y: "Well, if I may recall, Takagi's not particularly sick. She's taking care of Nishikata, who's sick."

Nat: "See what I mean? They skipped school so that they have the time for themselves. Kissing, cuddling, love, ugh!"

S: "Natsuki, calm down."

Sayori placed her hands on Natsuki's shoulder to ease her anger and frustrations. But her ranting keep continues for 10 minutes straight.

S: "She's there to help him because he's alone and doesn't have anybody to take care of him. She's her best friend after all."

Nat: "So, what? He could just go to the doctor than having a kissy moment with her."

M: "Well, maybe his cold is that bad, and he can't walk to the doctor."

Y: "But how do Takagi know about Nishikata's illness?"

M: "That's...a good question."

Nat: "Sheesh, probably somewhat mind-reading or a red string of fate connected through their minds and bodies."

S: "Is that a thing?"

Y: "You read too much manga, Natsuki."

Nat: "Manga is literature!! And that just proves my point! How Takagi knows about Nishikata's illness and taking care of him, they must be dating!"

S: "Actually, probably Takagi's depression is so bad and Nishikata wanted to take care of him so that they made this lame excuse to not go to school, and telling that Nishikata who's not sick."

Natsuki and Yuri stare Sayori with a bewildered and confused expression. But after what's like a millisecond of processing, Sayori did accidentally spits about Takagi had depression.

M: "S-Sayori!"

Sayori who's oblivious to the attention turns at me with a confusing look on her face.

S: "What is it, Monika? And why are you making that face?"

M: "Did you just said that Takagi had depression-"

Upon realizing the words I said, I immediately closed my mouth with my hands. But Sayori heard my words and her expression turns into a shock.

Nat: "Wait, wait, wait. Did you say that Takagi..."

Y: "...had depression?"

I stare Sayori with desperation, hoping that she has an excuse about Takagi's depression.

S: "I-I mean...declaration! Wait no! Dissipation! Wait that's not the word, Shoot! Umm...decompression! No!"

Natsuki and Yuri exchange look of confusion, but they turned to us with worries.