Chapter Five: A Terrible Discovery

Beep Beep!

Slam!

Nishikata: "Uggghh. Shut up."

I turned my body around to yanked my alarm clock to shut up. I may hate this thing, but it keeps me responsible for waking up early. Only that it's Sunday, it's the only day where people supposed to relax and take easy.

Nishikata: "Sunday....yay..."

With the last energy that I had, I turned back and went back to bed.

Ting!

Nishikata: "Huh? Who sent a text this early?"

I reached over my phone to found out that was Monika who sent it. Odd, I still had her contact, the last time I texted her it was about a year ago.

Monika: "Still asleep yet?"

Nishikata: "Actually, I just got up."

Monika: "Hah, but anyways, we'll get there soon."

Oh yeah, Monika and Sayori want to come over and talk about Takagi.

My mind suddenly races in worries as I went to Takagi's contact.

Nishikata: "Hey, Takagi. Are you sure you okay that day? What did Monika and Sayori-san talk about?"

I looked at my phone waiting for a response. But after 10 minutes of staring at the phone, waiting for the anticipation, nothing shows up.

Nishikata: "Dammit. I wasted my time."

I quickly changed my clothes and totally didn't showered at all. After brushing my teeth, I head downstairs.

...

No one is here. My parents are working in business outside of town at the moment, but at least I'm used to being alone. I took a cereal bowl and mauled it like a hungry bear in seconds. As I do so, I took a glimpse at the clock.

Nishikata: "10 AM!?"

Good thing this isn't school, otherwise, I'll be in a hell of a lot of trouble.

After finishing my last bite, I took a bit of time before processing what's going to happen in the next few hours...

First Monika and Sayori will come to my house...The most beautiful and popular girls at school.

And then they will tell me about Takagi, and I'm not sure ready for what's behind her all this time. Is it just me that dense?

I sigh to myself and lean back to the chair that supports my back while looking at the clock. They're almost here.

Ting!

Speak of the devil...They're here.

I take another look at myself in the mirror and rushed towards the door. And sure enough, there they are.

Monika: "Hey, Nishikata."

Sayori: "Hey..."

Nishikata: "W-What's up?"

Nishikata: "Come inside. Make yourself at home."

Monika walks past me and sits on my couch in the living room. Sayori timidly follows.

To show some sense of chivalry, I quickly head towards the kitchen to find some orange juice. Great, I should've prepared a tea or something.

I quickly poured the juice into a tall glass. I quickly zip to the living room to find Monika and Sayori's worried expression.