Chapter 2: Detective

I woke up as I realized I wasn't in my own room. I quickly sat up and looked around. 'I forgot I spent the night at Alastor's place.' I got up as I grabbed another shirt from Alastor's closet. I was glad Alastor was a lot taller than me since his shirts covered me enough but just barely.
     I turned the faucet as water came from the shower head. I sighed in delight at how warm the water was. I finished washing my hair and body as I rinsed my hair out one last time. I turned the faucet off as I stepped out of the tub. Footsteps. Coming up the stairs. I quickly wrapped a towel around my body as I forgot to fully close the door.
     I reached for the doorknob as the door opened. I forgot the bathroom door was a pull open door from the other side as Alastor was an inch in front of me. I looked up at him embarrassed as my towel slipped. I barely caught it as I looked back up at Alastor. 'Well this is just a lovely start to the damn morning.' I was mentally slapping myself as Alastor's face turned a deep red. He covered his eyes with his hand as he chuckled.

"Good morning to you too."

While Alastor still had his eyes covered I quickly slipped one of his shirts on. "Yeah right. A good morning for you since my towel almost slipped in front of you," I said smiling while rolling my eyes.

"You really should remember to close the door," Alastor said while ruffling my hair.

     We headed downstairs as I offered to cook breakfast for Alastor. I rolled up my sleeves as I got out ingredients. I decided to make some grits. I asked Alastor where his pots and bowls were.

"Uh up in the cupboard."

I looked up at the cupboard as I sighed. 'Like I can totally reach that.' I didn't want to bug Alastor anymore than I have so I thought I could try to reach the cupboard.

Alastor's pov-

I walk into the kitchen after I was done with my shower, to see you have some how climbed on the counter. I look and see you were trying to reach the shelf that had my bowels in it. You almost had the bowel until you lost balance. I rushed towards you as one of my arms wrapped around your waist. My other hand caught the bowel that slipped off the shelf.

"You could've just asked for help you know (Y/N)?"

"I know but I felt like I would be bothering you too much," you said while pouting.

I laughed as I set you down. I grabbed another bowel from the shelf.

"There you go dear. Next time, don't hesitate to ask for my help alright?"

You looked like you were about to object but the doorbell ringed. I glanced at you as you looked at me in confusion. 'Who would be here at this time of day?' I walked to the door as I opened it. A fair skinned man who was a couple inches shorter than me. He looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"Hello?"

"Hello sir and good morning. My name is Detective Jason. I was wondering if you have seen or heard anything out of the ordinary from last night."

"Well Detective Jason, I'm afraid I have not."

"What about her?"

Detective Jason smirked as I followed his gaze. He was looking at you. I furrowed my brow as he looked at you like you were a piece of meat.

"Y/N) darling, can you come here for a second."

You walked over towards me as you hid behind me. You poked your head out from behind me as you looked at the detective.

"Can I help you?" You asked as you slowly stepped out from behind me.

"Why hello there (Y/N)," he grabbed your palm as he placed a kiss on the back of your hand. "My name is Detective Jason. I was wondering if you have seen or heard anything out of the ordinary from last night?"

You slowly pulled your hand back as you responded. "No...I have not seen nor heard anything out of the ordinary."

"If I may ask. What is you two's relationship between each other?"

"She's a close friend of mine," I said while clenching my jaw but still holding a smile to be polite.

"A close friend huh." He looked at you with interest as he pulled out a small card. "Well if you do hear or see anything out of the ordinary, don't hesitate to call me."

He turned around as he walked off. You closed the door as you sighed. I asked what was the matter as you said you didn't trust that man. I arched a brow in amusement as I asked why.

"He gives off a creepy feeling not to mention the way he kept looking at me. I mean who asks what a man and a woman's relationship is out of the ordinary?"

""I have to agree with you dear. What he did was unprofessional. I don't even think he is a detective. If he was, he would've shown me a badge before he asked any questions..."

  "I guess we got to be careful around him."

I nodded my head as you told me breakfast was ready. I helped set up the table as you brought the food over. I got us something to drink as we then sat down. I smiled as I saw you cooked grits. I took a spoonful of it and ate as my eyes widened.

"My word...This is delicious!"

     You giggled as you smiled. After we were done eating, you grabbed your clothes from last night as you asked where my washing machine was. I told you where it was as I washed the dishes. I thought to myself that I should bring you home when your clothes are done drying after getting washed. It was my day off so the time didn't really matter. I smiled knowing how I just met you and we both have already become so close.