Chapter 14: Axe murders

<this won't actually fall into the timeline, date, or exact suspects of the 1930 New Orleans Axeman murders>

⚠️ GORE, BLOOD, MURDER WARNING ⚠️

|Alastor's pov|

  It has been a month since you died. I have been deeply depressed to where Husk had to come over a few times to make sure I was still alive. I started taking care of myself again as well as remembering to eat and sleep.
      I spent the last few days tracking down Jason and his group of men. I pinned their hiding base between two places. I was mostly believing it was the place closest to the last illegal drug trafficking spot. I decided to read and learn about voodoo from the books my mother left me when she died. I never was really interested in it but I had malicious thoughts and impulses of revenge running through my head.
      It was early morning, as I found Jason, at what I'm assuming, is his apartment. I lurked around the building, investigating and getting a sense of my surroundings. I came to realize, the person who lived underneath Jason's apartment was intoxicated along with the person upstairs of him. I smiled creepily as this was perfect.
      I went inside the building as I broke into Jason's apartment. He was in the middle of his living room as I went up behind him.

"Why hello there- you miss me?!"

Jason whipped his head around at me as he looked shocked. He reached to where his gun was but realized it wasn't there.

"Oh, looking for this are we?" I asked as I pulled out the gun from behind my back. I disarmed the gun as Jason watched the bullets hit the ground.

"How did-"

That's when I decided to strike. I slit his throat with a razor I found from his bathroom as I proceeded to bash his head. I laughed while hearing his muffled screams. Blood was splattered all over the walls, floor, and on me.
      I didn't think I would have the gut to kill anyone. But, after killing Jason just now...I smiled creepily to myself. 'Damn did that feel good!' My eyes widened as did my smile as I knew I probably looked insane.
      I changed out of my random clothes I wore, into my usual attire. As I finished I threw the razor in the neighboring front yard property. I left the axe in Jason's skull as I made sure nothing could be traced back to me before I fled the scene.
      The person underneath Jason's apartment was out after being intoxicated. I smirked as I left to go to work.
      The next day came by as I read the murder of a man in his apartment. I couldn't help but smile as I read this. I laughed as the police did not know who the suspect was nor could they find any evidence. I drove to work as I went on air. I explained the murder in detail from what the newspaper said as I pretended to be worried for everyone. I pretended I was sad that someone was brutally murdered along with wishing them well in peace. Once I got off air I felt sick from wishing Jason well in peace. I did a fake gag to show how much I hate him.
       I arrived home later after I visited your grave again. I made sure to visit everyday no matter what. I would always leave a flower for you. I kept the ring you gave me and wore it. I also kept a picture of us in my pocket. After you died, I swore that I would always smile to hide my true emotions. I wasn't going to show anyone I was weak. Never again...you were the only one I would be my true self around. No one else deserves to see that side of me. Sure Husk and Mimzy were close friends but they haven't seen me the ways you had.
      As intriguing as it is, I figured Mimzy was killing some people at the bar. She tried getting closer to me physically and romantic wise. Once realizing her attempts to rid you of my heart, I was hurt. I did not want to have to kill her but she left me no choice. I made her death look as though she took her own life.

<2 years later>

I became New Orleans' Axeman serial killer as I murdered people viciously. I bashed and crushed their skulls as I left them groaning in pain. I would make them suffer the pain before death slowly grabbed their souls. The group of men that hurt you, I made sure they suffered the most. I set them on fire alive as I tortured them.

<WARNING: GORE>

I trapped them in their own run down hideout as I strapped them to chairs. I ripped out their finger and toenails as well as their teeth. After that I cut out their tongues as well as their hands and private parts. I carved one of the men's eyes out as I forced the another man to eat it.
      I poured alcohol all over them as it burned their injuries and wounds. After that I smiled as I threw a lighter at them. Their screams were muffled as they wriggled around. I bashed and cracked their skulls as they tried getting out. I watched in amusement as they burned and bled to death. I made the whole rundown building catch fire as I got rid of my evidence.

<END OF GORE>

      I made it seem as someone who was smoking accidentally burned the building down so it wouldn't seem like murder. I used and had the cane you gave me all the time. I had it when I had to go to giant parties consisting of many other famous people. I met some famous flappers as well as singers. Some were okay I guess while others repulsed me. Some flappers wearing too revealing clothes and not having any shame. All they wanted was sexual intercourse with other men with lots of money. I kept my distance even though they kept coming back to me. They would not stop complimenting my features as I just politely thanked them. I left that party early as I could not take their foolishness anymore.