Chapter 20: Happy Hotel

|your pov|

      We arrived at the hotel but the ride consisted of Vaggie yelling at Angel for getting into a so called, "turf war." Demons all over Hell are supposedly having turf wars, since some demons that were ruling those turfs, died from the last extermination. When we arrived, Angel just plopped down on the couch while Charlie seemed sad that her interview didn't go well. She went outside and I heard her call her mom. She asked for advice and said she thinks what her dad said about her was right. I frowned overhearing this. I know I shouldn't eavesdrop but my hearing is too enhanced to ignore.  
      I sensed someone near the hotel. Charlie came back inside and slid to the ground with her back facing the door. Vaggie sighed knowing Charlie was upset. However, that was interrupted by some rhythmic knocking at the door. Charlie stood up and hesitated for a second. Once she opened the door, a tall demon dressed in red was there. He opened his eyes and revealed his eyes were glowing red.

"Hel-" Charlie slammed the door shut on the demon. She opened it again, "-lo" but she slammed it shut again.

     She looked nervous as she walked over to Vaggie to say the radio demon, emphasising a growing smile on her face, was at the door. Vaggie yelled what, sounding clearly annoyed as Angel and I just said who. Charlie asked what to do and Vaggie said to not let him in. However, Charlie did anyway.

"May I speak now?" The demon asked.

"You may."

     He stepped in and immediately shook Charlie's hand while walking in. His voice sounded like a radio. "Alastor! Pleasure to be meeting you, sweetheart! Quite a pleasure! Excuse my sudden visit, but I saw your fiasco on the picture show and I just couldn't resist. What a performance! Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929, hahaha... so many orphans."

     I stopped and thought that his name sounded so familiar. That was until Vaggie interrupted my thoughts. Vaggie immediately pulled out a harpoon and held it to Alastor's neck. 'How did she get her hands on an angelic weapon?' I need to be cautious so she doesn't kill me.

"Stop right there! Cabrón hijo de perra, I know your game and I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone here, you pompous cheesy," Angel's head popped in to see what was happening, "talkshow shitlord!"

     Alastor used his finger to move the harpoon away from his neck while still smiling, unfazed.

"Dear, if I wanted to hurt anyone here," his voice became more static as his demonic form showed, "I would've done so already!"

     Charlie's and Vaggie looked shocked but mostly scared out of pure fear.

"No! I'm here because I want to help!"

"You what?"

     Alastor laughed, "Help! Hahahah, Hello! Is this thing on?" He taps in his mic, "Testing, testing!"

     His mic opens its one eye and says, "Well I heard you loud and clear!"

Charlie was confused and asked, "Um...you want to help...with?"

     Alastor used his shadow to teleport himself behind Charlie and Vaggie, "This ridiculous thing you're trying to do! This hotel! I want to help you run it!"

      I just went and sat down on the couch. Alastor just glanced at me but then stopped and stared at me for a second. I'm guessing he's looking at my wings. I got embarrassed and my wings sunk down as my shoulders did, and I hid behind Angel.

"What are ya doin toots?" Angel asked.

"....nothing."

     Angel just shrugged my action off as Alastor and Charlie kept talking. Vaggie came and stood near us as Angel asked pointing his thump towards Alastor, "Uh, so uh... what's the deal with Smiles over there?"

      Vaggie looked shocked and asked, "Wait, you've never heard of him before? You've been here longer than me! I understand if (Y/N) doesn't but you!"

     Angel just shrugs in confusion as I did.

  "The Radio Demon. One of the most powerful beings Hell has ever seen?"

  "Eh, not big on politics."

"Ugh. Decades ago, Alastor manifested in Hell, seemingly overnight. He began to topple Overlords who have been dominant for centuries. That kind of raw power had never been harnessed by a mortal soul before. Then, he broadcasted his carnage all throughout Hell just so everyone could witness his ability. Sinners started calling him 'The Radio Demon' (as lazy as that is). Many have speculated what unimaginable force enabled him to rival our world's most ancient and destructive evils. But one thing's for sure, he's an unpredictable source of danger, a wicked spirit of mystery, and a violent monster of chaos. The likes of which we can't risk getting involved with unless we want to end up erased!"

      "Ya done?" Angel laughs and says, "He looks like a strawberry pimp."

     Vaggie crosses her arms and says angrily, "Well, I don't trust him!"

<time skip brought by Alastor's musical and wrath to Sir Pentious>

    After Alastor used shadow tentacles to bring down the snake demons ship, Alastor said he was starved. He turned on his heel saying he knows a good recipe of jambalaya. He cracked a joke as he walked back inside the hotel. Charlie, Vaggie, Angel, and I just stood there shocked by what Alastor did.