Chapter 28: Late night talks

|Alastor's pov|

     I tried finding out about you as you left the hotel. As I suspected, I found nothing. I couldn't help to think you were who I truly thought you were. However, I feared what if you weren't. What if this was just a coincidence or someone was trying to fool me. I slammed my glass of whiskey down as I rubbed my temples. Charlie knocked and asked if I was alright as I said I was fine. I made up the excuse that I just dropped something. She left as I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. 'I need to kill and I need to kill now.'
     I told Charlie I was heading out for a bit as I had errands to attend to. I walked through alleyways until I found a perfect spot. It was dark and narrow. An old alleyway. I stood there looking unbothered. A few demons wondered in, not noticing me just yet.
     I decided to let them be aware of my presence. I was standing where a shadow was as I stepped out. The demons' faces dropped as my smile grew wider. Before they could fully run out, I snapped my fingers.
     A portal opened up underneath them as they struggled, holding onto the very ground they once stood upon. The fear in their eyes that they may die in the afterlife. I made my cane appear as I stabbed it through one of the demon's hands. They screamed in agony as I looked at them in amusement.

"What the Hell are you doing now?"

     I stop to glance up at the so familiar voice. Husk.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was getting more booze for myself. You wanna tell me why you killing for no reason?"

"What makes you think I'm killing these demons for no good reason?"

"I'm not an idiot Alastor. I've fought with other demons with you before. I know who you have complications with and who you don't. These demons aren't on the list of demons you hate."

     I scoffed as I kicked the demons into the portal and shut it. I dusted my hands off as I walked to Husk. I told him not a word to anyone about me killing those previous demons.

"You're frustrated at something. What are you frustrated about?"

"What do you think?" I asked pinching the brink of my nose in aggravation.

"Hm," Husk thought. He took a long swig of his cheap booze. "I'm guessing it's something to do with (Y/N). Could it be you are frustrated that you aren't sure if she is who you think she may be?"

"Yes." I stated bluntly, not wanting to rant to him.

     Husk took notice of this and stopped asking questions. He told me that I'll find some sort of answer eventually and to not dwell so much on it. 'That's as easy as ever. Not.' I mentally scoffed at his remark.
     We arrived back at the hotel as Charlie and Vaggie were eating in the kitchen. Charlie asked if I was hungry as I just waved her off, implicating I was not. I walked to my office as I closed the door. I plopped down on my chair as I sighed. 'Why is this so difficult?' I took out an old shiny ring. It was the ring you gave me in my past life. Memories of when we were alive together flossed through my mind.
     I'm not sure how long I was reminiscing on my memories but I didn't even notice myself saying "come in."
     I glance up to see you as I almost fell out of my chair. I caught myself by slamming my hand on the wall as I quickly stashed the ring back in my coat pocket. 'I hope I don't look as tired as I feel.' You giggled as I smiled softly. 'Your laugh is as beautiful as ever.'

"I see you have finally controled your demonic form, (Y/N)."

     You asked how I was as I quickly changed the subject. I hate talking about feelings and problems of mine. I saw them as things that made me vulnerable. That is certainly something I mustn't show anyone else.
     You took notice I didn't want to talk about me as you got up and left. I looked at a clock as I realized it was already late. I got up and stretched as I headed to my room.
     I took off my coat and undid my bow tie. I unbuttoned the top three buttons of my red button up shirt as I rolled up my sleeves lazily.
     I twisted the cap off of a bottle of whiskey I had in my room at the hotel. I grabbed a clean glass as I filled it halfway with my whiskey. I took a long sip of it, savoring the taste upon my lips and tongue. The way it burned the back of the throat made me enjoy it more.
     I was reading until I heard a faint knock at my door. 'Who could it be at this time?'
     I opened the door and looked down. (Y/N)?

"Dear, What are you doing up so late?"

You took in a shaky breathe. "I- I can't sleep."

     I moved out of the way to let you in. You sat at the edge of my bed as I leaned against the door.

"Mind telling me what's keeping you from sleeping?"

     You sighed as you looked up at me.

"Promise you won't think I'm weird?"

I hesitated before saying, "I promise."

"I keep...thinking about you."

"Me? Why?"

"You seem so familiar. I feel a familiar connection with you and I can't seem to wrap my head around why." You stood up and walked towards me. "I feel like I've met you before..."

     I look down to see you fiddling with an earring. 'How- where did you get those earrings?!' I grab your wrist and slam you against my door as you looked up at me, frightened.

"Where did you get that earring?" I growled in a low tone. I lowered my head towards yours.

"I had it in my past life. It was a gift to me from someone." You tucked your hair behind your pointed ears, revealing the other earring.

"Do you have anything else from your past life?" I asked almost recognizing how desperate I sounded.

     You nodded your head as you reached behind you. I arched a brow as you said it was in your room. I teleported is both in your room as you weren't used to teleportation. You walked over to your dresser to a box. A jewellery box. You opened it and pulled out a ring and something else. 'Is it- could it really be?' You walked over to me and showed me the ring. I teleported us both back into my room as I examined the ring. 'It is..' I covered my mouth as you asked if I was okay. I nodded my head as the memories came flooding my mind again.

"I also have this."

     You showed me the necklace as I held my breathe. You tried hooking the back of it to put it on. I placed the ring down as I brushed your hair over to one side. I helped you put on the necklace as your eyes suddenly glowed to a bright blue. I spun you around asking if you were alright. You didn't answer. I began to panic. I started saying your name frantically and shaking your shoulders, trying to snap you out of whatever you were in.
     Your eyes turned back to normal as you looked up at me.

"You are so similar to him."

"Who?"

"Someone I previously loved...His name was Alastor, just like yours. I remember only a little bit but now I know why you felt so familiar."

A/N

     LOL totally didn't write this chapter right when I got home from work. Anyway I won't be able to update anytime soon because someone who works with me had to leave because of a family emergency and I have to take their shifts. I won't have as much time as I did before but hey I get payed more so yeah. Sorry for updating late at night but goodnight!