Chapter 32: Rage

|your pov|

"Al" I started.

His voice sounded more static ass I knew he was enraged right now.

"Al...calm down," I said in an attempt, hoping he would.

He stopped for a second before his smile became wider. I gulped in fear as he placed his finger underneath my chin. He leaned closer to me. I could practically feel his breathe on my face as I froze.

"Calm down," Al chuckled. "My dear (Y/N), do you not know what you've done wrong?" Al hummed.

I was utterly confused as I tried leaning away from him. I felt the back of my head at the wall of the car as I decided to turn my head to the side. I was trying to think what I did within this past day to make Al so upset.
Then it occurred to me. I remembered Al's question. He asked what I was doing, talking to Vox. I recalled to earlier in the day with Al telling me that him and Vox weren't overly fond of each other. I also thought of how Vox went up to me and planted a kiss on the back of my hand.
Al seemed to have realized that I just figured out, what I apparently have done wrong.

"Hm, you understand what you've done wrong, haven't you (Y/N)?" Al asked.

I felt his breathe on my neck as I felt my body get hot and my face become crimson. I turned and faced Al as I placed my hands on his chest, trying to get him to lean back some. He chuckled noticing how I was now flustered at how close proximity he was. He leaned back some as my breathe was rigid. I looked at Al as he still seemed a bit on edge just thinking of what happened at the meeting.

"I had no intention of talking to Vox. I hate to admit at how forgetful I was at forgetting what you told me. You both weren't fond of each other. I realize how upset you must be at seeing him talking with me. But like I said before, I didn't want to talk to him but what could I have done? It's not exactly like I could tell him to go away or to not talk to me. That's rude and I don't need any more conflicts right now and especially not any conflicts involving Overlords."

     Al thought for a moment before turning to face me again. "You say you had no intention of talking to him?"

"Yes. I was more relieved when you came and said it was time to go. I may not know them very well but I have to face it. I'm not in Heaven anymore. People aren't  going to be kind out of the goodness of their heart's. I'm in Hell and Hell sure does not seem like a place of kindness. Not without a cost."

"It may be Hell but not everyone is as screwed up as most Overlords. Sure some denizens are stuck up and rude but not everyone is here intentionally."

"What about you? Why are you here then?"

      A radio screech sound came from Al as the car suddenly stopped. Al kept his smile but he made his cane appear. I could see how tight his grip was around the handle.

"If you would excuse me dear, I will be back in shortly."

     With that said, Al teleported out of the car. I thought I might have said something wrong or asked a bit too personal of a question. I frowned wondering if I went too far.

|Alastor's pov|

     I appeared on the side of the street as most demons scurried past me in a hurry. My grin grew wider. I loved the smell of their fear. I could practically taste it.
     I thought over the last question you had asked me. 'Why are you here?' My eye twitched just thinking about revealing my past. I still haven't been able to completely confirm if you are the one from my past. However, what would you think of me now if you were. An innocent soul as yours seeing a corrupt soul as mine. If you truly knew how I ended up here, if I told you what I was, would you turn your back on me? Would the (Y/N) I used to know and love still love me the same? I became a dangerous Overlord here and a serial killer in my past life.
     I clenched my teeth together as I held my smile. I was hungry. I craved for the smell and taste of blood. I headed off where I knew I could get some meat.
     I opened the door as the demon behind the counter's face dropped when they saw me. They ran off into the back as they seemed to have gotten someone else. 'A new employer it seems?'
    The usual owner of the shop knew very well who I was as they didn't flinch nor look at me with fear. They simply grabbed what I usually came to get as I gave them some cash. I left as I held the bag of meat. I took out a piece as it was venison. 'Oh how I love venison.' I took a bite as some blood trailed off the side of my lips.
     I glided my tongue over my teeth after finishing a few pieces as I felt satisfied for the meantime. I glanced at a clock hanging outside of a shop as I realized I have been away for around 5 minutes. I hummed to myself as I thought it would be appropriate to return to you.
     I craved for a few kills though. I was still pissed off at Vox but I understood your side of the story. You didn't know and I overreacted. But that oversized piece of shit TV is never up to any good. He and I have always been at neck and neck with one another and he knows how to piss me off more than anybody. As I the same.
     I turned the corner as I saw in an alleyway, three demons beating up another demon. The demon that was being assaulted seemed to be homeless and the other three demons were beating him up to steal his small amount of money he has collected. I remembered the homeless demon a while back. I gave him some money once as I found his talent at playing music entertaining. I made my cane appear as I placed it down on the ground in front of me.

"My, my, my. What do we have ourselves here hm? Three low life demons, picking on a homeless. Stealing what little money this man has earned himself. Pathetic really."

"This isn't any of your business so shut your cocky mouth up and go on about your fucking day you red suit shit!" One demon spat at me.

     I arched my brow in amusement. 'He doesn't know who I am, does he?' I questioned if any of the three knew who I was as they all told me vulgar insults. 'Fuck off deer' 'Like Hell I care!' 'As for me, you're a piece of shit!' I thought over their insults as I chuckled.

"Do you kiss your own mother with that mouth? Truly pitying. Insulting such vulgar things to me. I can tell you three have been here for some time. Interesting you still don't know who I am."

"Hey scumbag! Shut your motherfucking mouth before you regret it!" The tallest demon of the three said as they stood up. He  revealed a knife.

"You are certainly are amusing. I want to see just how far you would go to make me 'regret this"'

     The tallest demon ran at me with the knife as I simply took a step to my right. The demon fell over as they cursed under their breathe. The second demon ran at me as they jumped towards my head. I swatted them away like a fly with my cane as I realized my bag of venison was missing.
     I saw the third demon eating some of my food as the other two came and munched on the other pieces. They snickered and said thank you for the snacks old man.
     I tilted my head as my antlers and claws grew longer. The three demons stopped what they were doing as they looked up at me. The fear that their eyes expressed made me smile wider.

"At first, I was honestly messing around with you three. However, taking my food that I so craved for, just drew the line."

     I scraped the end of my cane quickly against the wall as the end became dangerously sharp. I grabbed the third demon by the neck as they banged on my hand, wanting me to let go. I chuckled as I stabbed my cane right through their eye. Their piercing screams filled the air as it felt like pure harmony to my ears.
The second demon tried sneaking up behind me but my shadow got to them first. My shadow showed it's devilish grin before making the second demon disappear somewhere else. The first demon finished off the bag as they held out a long sword. I chuckled at their attempts to stab me. Radio dials, voodoo symbols, and radio static filled the air around us as I swatted their sword away. They were about to retrieve it as I stabbed my cane through their hand. They screamed in agony as I tilted my head.
They cursed and spat at me as they tried to figure out a way to get the the cane out of their hand. The demon started begging me, as asking me to spare them. I looked up, placing a finger on my chin as I pretended I was deep in thought.
I pierced my hand through the demon's chest as I ripped out their heart. I grinned as I took a bite out of their heart. It wasn't the best nor the tastiest but it will have to do.
The homeless demon thanked me, but was obviously scared of me as I parted ways. I appeared back into the car as you glanced up at me.

"Where did you go?"

"I decided to run an errand that turned into two but nothing more."

"Did," you looked up into my red eyes, "did my question bother you to leave?"

"You didn't bother me nor did the question. My answer to it was what bothered me. I will eventually tell you but not now."

     You glanced down as I noticed you still felt a bit guilty about asking. I patted the top of your head.

"Besides, we have other things we need to discuss later tonight," I said while smiling down at you.

"Yeah, you're right. We need to confirm what happened last night as to if it's true or not."

<A/N>
I apologize for not posting in such a long time. Work has been stressful as well as uni. Please be patient when it comes to me updating chapters! I apologize that I don't update often as you all wait for weeks for me to update...(^-^;) however, I'm not going to abandon this story so you don't have to fret about that. Sorry to update so early in the morning but I shall head off since I need to go to work now! Arrivederci e buona giornata! (Italian - goodbye and have a great day!)