Chapter 15: Caught

<1933>

After three years of murdering people relentlessly, I should have stopped last year. But I didn't.
However, I realized I was becoming a bit sloppy with my work. Leaving behind evidence I forgot to clean up as well as clues I should've covered up. I became sloppy whenever the stock market crashed. So many defenceless orphans. Wondering the streets in need of food, a home, and money. I killed a few orphans that were too close to places I murdered people. Wouldn't want wondering children to find something that isn't meant to be found hm?
Although, I was mentally slapping myself as I sat in my chair at my studio. I looked up at the ceiling wondering how to cover the evidence back up. It won't be long until detectives start ruling out suspects. 'I could just kill anyone that looks into the case.' I grinned as I thought about that.
I left work as I went to the bar. I sat down as Husk served me some Canadian Whiskey. I drank it by itself as usual as Husk asked how I was. I told him I was fine but Husk knew I was lying. I was a bit stressed as I rubbed my temples after finishing my drink. Husk poured me another as he said I could talk to him if I wanted to. I told him I would but not now. He nodded his head as he continued to serve other people.
I was driving home as I saw policemen patroling different areas where I murdered people. Of course they weren't anywhere near my house because I'm not that ignorant. I told them hi and to be safe as they thanked me. I snickered to myself as I unlocked my front door.
I placed my keys down on my table as I locked my door. I took off my coat as I rolled up the cuffs of my shirt to my elbows. I ran my hand through my hair as I sat down. I went and pulled together everything the police have come up with already.
'Blood trail that disappears about 3 yards from the victim's body. A small piece of bloodied clothe that was torn from the murderer's clothes. Different techniques but all vicious and gruesome. All victims head's were cracked, crushed, and bashed in. Majority of recent murdered have taken place near the same location as past murders.'
I pondered at other strings detectives could have pulled together in attempt to solve these cases. I put everything aside I decided to go to sleep.

<few days later>

     I purchased some flowers as I decided to walk to my destination. The sun was setting as the people who were out in the streets, slowly emerge back into their cozy homes. I pushed open a gate as I passed by a few graves. I reached yours as I kneeled down. I placed the flowers down as I rubbed your headstone. A tear escaped by right eye as I remembered all the beautiful memories with you. Suddenly, there were many footsteps. I cursed under my breathe and rolled by eyes.

"Freeze! It's the police!"

I held my hands up, revealing I had nothing on me. They pointed their guns at me as they slowly approached me.

"Sir, what are you doing so late at night and past curfew?", one officer asked.

"Oh my, it's already past curfew. I must have lost track of time. You see I'm visiting my love's grave like I usually do every afternoon."

They looked at me questionably but then pointed their guns down. They helped me up as one officer shot the other officer behind him. I was confused as the same officer knocked out the next officer. He pointed his gun to me as he said in a dark tone to run. I turned around and started running towards the woods as he laughed.

"RUN AXEMAN!"

I stopped as he shouted that. 'How the hell does he know?!' I heard howls as many footsteps were heard running through the grass. I tensed up as I knew they were dogs. 'I hate dogs!'