Chapter 16: Hounds

Running through the woods I picked up an axe I hid from a previous murder. I waited as some hounds ran past me. I swung the axe as some whined. 'One stupid dog down.' I saw the supposed officer as I realized he wasn't even a real officer. I mumbled to myself that this is just great as I rolled my eyes.
A pack of hounds came running at me as they tackled me down. My glasses broke as some of the glass shards cut me on my face. The hounds bit me as they basically were trying to rip me apart. They bit off one of my pinky finger on my left hand as I hissed in pain. I kicked one off as I tried crawling away. The man let go of the leash that held back the dogs.
I felt the hounds' deep nails slice into my back as the dogs started tearing my shirt up. I had blood all over me as well as giant cuts. One of the dogs looked at me before biting into my shoulder. I yelled in pain as I tried getting the dog off of me.
A gunshot went off. I saw Husk running to me as he knocked the other man out. He took the man's gun as he rushed towards me.

"Husk what the hell?"

Husk kicked all the dogs off of me as he picked me up. I was losing a lot of blood as well as I was in a lot of pain. I asked Husk what he was doing out so late as well as how he found me. He said he followed far behind me to your grave since he visited every month or so. I forgot Husk did that as he said the saw me running from a man into the woods. He explained he chased after me once seeing a pack of blood thirsty hounds run shortly behind me.
Husk stopped to catch his breathe as I groaned in pain.

"Husk c-could you do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Bring me back to (Y/N)'s grave...please."

Husk looked at me like I was insane but he ran back to your grave. He set me down as I clutched to your headstone.

"Do me one last favor. Put me out of my misery."

"Are you insane?! I'm not going to shoot you Alastor and you are NOT dying on me now!"

"Husk please...," I took a deep breathe of air as I looked up at the sky. "I'm pretty sure one of those dogs were rapid. Shoot me now before I actually go insane and die the worst pain imaginable."

Husk looked at me unsure of himself as he looked at the gun in his hand. He said he couldn't shoot me as I grabbed the gun from him.

"Alastor wait!"

"What the hell is it? Can't you see I'm trying to put myself out of my misery?"

"Why was that man chasing you?"

"I'm not entirely sure," I replied taking in an annoyed huff.

"Also,...he called you the Axeman...are you the-"

I took a deep breathe and sighed. "Yeah I am. I murdered all those people like a psychopath."

"Why?"

"I was angry. I wanted justice for (Y/N). I killed the people that took her from me. I made sure they suffered the worst death. I got my revenge but it wasn't enough. The impulses and urges for more blood got to me..."

"Damn...I won't tell a soul but to your luck, there has been a copycat murdering people close by Baton Rouge."

     I chuckled as I threw my head back. I started coughing as blood spilled from my mouth. Husk looked at me sad as I told him to go.

"I- I can't just leave you here to die..."

"More policemen will be on their way once noticing some have not returned from patroling. Go now and make sure, when they find my body...bury me next to (Y/N)...please. Promise me you will make sure they will," I said clutching Husk's arm.

     Husk nodded his head as he looked down. He hugged me as he ran off. I smiled as Husk ran off. I picked up the gun as I made sure there were bullets in it. Once I armed the gun, I pointed it at me head.

"I love you (Y/N)."

BANG!