Chapter 13: Rest in Peace

|your pov|

Husk jumped over the counter with a bottle and cloth as he rushed over to Al and me. Al took off his coat and covered the lower half of me. Al pulled up my dress to reveal my gunshot wound as Mimzy rushed next to me. She opened the bottle of alcohol as Husk grabbed the bottle and poured it on the cloth. He applied pressure to my wound as I winced in pain. Al had tears stream down his face as I pulled him close. I told Al I got him a gift and where it was located. I told him to open it later. He asked why I was telling him this now as I told him I love him very much.

"(Y/N) please don't talk like that...You are going to be fine and we will get help for you and-"

I cut Al off by stroking the side of his face with my thumb to wipe his tears while saying his full name. I kissed him deeply and hugged him as he kissed me back. I felt my vision darken as Al told me to stay with him.

"I love you Alastor." I pulled Al close to me.

"I love you too dear," Al said as he hugged me back.

After I heard Al say he loves me my eyes shut.

|Alastor's pov|

     I felt the last breathe leave your body as I pulled you closer to my body. I started silently sobbing as I clutched your body. Husk looked down and sadly cursed under his breathe while Mimzy started crying. Everyone came from out of the tables as they rushed to help you.
The police arrived as they questioned what happened. They questioned everyone as I felt like a chunk of my heart was ripped apart from my body. I responded to the police's questions as my eyes looked dull. I felt numb as I was taken to the hospital to get treated for my wounds.
I stayed at the hospital for a few days to get the bullet out of my shoulder. It was risky but they did it. I was given medicine along with a therapist to help me through the trauma. I told the police about the men as they searched for them. As I expected they couldn't find them.
I was getting dressed for your funeral. (F/N) was in tears when the police informed her and her parents. I met them at the church as they hugged me. They asked how I was holding up as I faked a smile. However, they knew it was fake as I started sobbing. They hugged me again and tried comforting me.
We all sat down as the preacher started to preach. He talked about how God had a plan and knew what he was doing. I remembered when you first took me to church with you as you were so passionate about your religion. I cried as I wondered if you still believed in him. After knowing he planned this as your death. I was never one for religion but you made me rethink over that.
However, after that night a week or two ago, I didn't need to rethink it. If there was a God, how could he plan such things to happen to your gentle soul. All that I hoped that is your soul is at peace and happy. I hoped you were in Heaven if it was real.
Husk and Mimzy stood by me as everyone paid their respects. The preacher tried to reassure me everything would be okay. I pretended that I cared about what he was preaching about as I thought of revenge. I swore I would kill all the people of the night of your death. I swore I would kill them painfully and brutally as well as those from the night you were assaulted.
I went home after the funeral as I closed my door. I slid to the ground as I cried for hours again. I clutched the gift you got me as I decided to open it.
It was a cane. One with a design of a radio mic on it. I smiled to myself as a tear left my right eye then my left eye. I looked to see you wrote a letter.

Dear Al,

You have been there with me through thick and thin. I could never ask for a better person in my life. I am forever thankful to God that I met you. I saw this cane and it immediately reminded me of you. This is my early anniversary gift to you! I love you dearly my love and forever will.

Love, (Y/N)