CHAPTER 2

"What the hell!" I whip around so fast that I'm surprised I do not give myself a whiplash in the process.

I nearly fall into the pool but strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me away from the edge of the pool saving me from embarrassing myself.

"Easy there, babe." 

babe...

I step back from the embrace as my skin tingles at the spot where his hand just was before looking up. 

And Jesus Christ... is the man beautiful. I am so not kidding. 

His sinfully attractive ocean blue eyes stare back at me as his full, soft, pink lips curve into a lazy, crooked smile, making my insides go wild.

Damn, why am I getting so worked up from just being in the presence of a hot guy?

"Hey, I'm-" 

"Tyler Mathews." His name slips out of my mouth before I can stop it and my cheeks redden.

Cause who doesn't know him? He is, after all, the star quarterback of our team. And not to mention one of the most popular guy on the campus. 

People worship the ground he and his friends walk on. Well even though I like to believe I'm not one of them, for some reason I feel stupidly star-struck.

And I know bat shit about the sport. Wow.

His panty melting grin widens.

He pauses for a second before adding, "And you are...?"

Uh oh yeah...this is how this thing works. I need to introduce myself now.

 "I'm Adrianna Summers." I supply in a quiet voice and then discreetly run my eyes down his mouth watering, rock hard body.

This tall and tanned male perfection is making my insides quiver with need which is so not a common occurrence for me.

His hard, muscular chest and abdomen is full on display for my view in this secluded part of the house.

 He takes a step towards me before offering his hand to me to shake.

Do people even do that now a days?

 I almost giggle at the incredulity of this situation. Me- the socially awkward klutz talking and getting turned on by the guy I used to think is just a regular dumb jock. 

When his calloused and large palm slides against my soft and small one, a jolt of arousal runs down my spine all the way to my core.

He's so hot. 

And I'm so crazy. Getting aroused by a handshake?

Soft honey brown hair with a wave to it. Intense and smoldering blue eyes. Defined and sharp cheekbones accompanied by a strong and chiseled jawline I want to trace my lips along.

Wait. What the heck has happened to me? 

My eyes subconsciously run down his stubbly chin to his strong and long neck to his tight and swollen pecs with visible bulging muscles underneath. 

My knees go weak when my eyes graze his strong, muscular abdomen with his -too tempting for his own good- abs.

I want to trail my lips down his chest to his...you know what.

Dear lord...what kind of thoughts are these? I guess I'm more drunk than I thought.

I snap out of trance, remembering where I am.