CHAPTER 4

I quickly change into the black tee he handed me before untying my messy ponytail and running my fingers through the strands to untangle them.

The t shirt reaches my mid thighs and hangs loosely from my shoulders- almost like an off shoulders dress.

The strong scent of a woodsy after wash and cologne invades my senses as the feeling of his t shirt against my skin makes a shiver run down my spine.

God, what's up with me?

I quickly catch a glance of myself in the small mirror hung on the wall and pick up my purse to slip out of the room.

I do not expect  to crash into his rock hard chest when I open the door.

He grips my exposed shoulders firmly and helps me regain my balance for the second time this night making my cheeks heat up at my clumsiness and the contact with his half naked body.

"Oh-You're here...?" I mumble softly and tuck a strand of my brown hair behind my ear before taking a step back.

"Of course sweetheart. It's my room...remember? And were you planning to ditch me?" He grins. All previous signs of slight distress at my blunt remark gone.

I wonder if he's really that easy going or is just smart at covering up his emotions.

"Oh yeah...I mean no..." I force a chuckle and nod my head.

My skin prickles with heat as his cool, long fingers trace soft patterns on my exposed shoulders.

It has to be the alcohol.

"You want to hang out...?" His eyes gleam in the somber hallway.

Hang out, as in code word for sex and messing around?

"Uh I would have loved to but I need to find-"

Suddenly I get cut off by 'Cardigan' by Taylor Swift blasting from my cell.

It must be Chloe. It's her current favorite song. One thing she's really proud of is her superior music taste. 

I hastily hold up a finger as he shrugs his broad shoulders, "Go ahead."

I swipe my finger across the screen before pressing it against my ear.

"Hey Adrianna Winters. " She croons, instantly letting me know she is way too drunk.

"Hey Chloe Faith King...Where are you?" I suppress a grin as she hates being called by her full name. She says it makes her seem like some ancient royal queen.

"I wanted to let you know that I am staying at this cute guy's place tonight. You can call an uber for yourself...right?" She slurs slightly.

"Yeah...of course...But let me know this lucky man's name...?"

"He's- What was your name again, darling- He's Brandon." She giggles.

"Cool. You're sure you'll be fine on your own?" I ask.

"Yeah- holy shit. I knew you were packing something huge in there. How will it fit inside me! " Her voice dazed.

"Damn, Chloe TMI." I chuckle awkwardly.

"Yeah, no shit. I'll be fine on my own...Though if you want me to come back...I'm on my way..."

"No. It's okay. Stay safe." I mutter before hanging up.