Waste the Night || twelve

Jeff's Point of View

"Hey, I'm actually going to have to end this earlier than I expected. I just got a text that my friend is in the hospital," I lied, pulling my car out of the Sonic parking lot. I know, I know. Jeff Winger took a girl to Sonic on a date, but this is the kind of girl you do that with. She wanted a fun and light-hearted evening, so that's what I was delivering.

"I understand. I hope your friend is okay," she said, furrowing her brow. I quickly drove her home, then returned to my apartment. I rushed upstairs and called Lou as soon as I closed the door.

"Lou. Let me explain," I blurted out as soon as she answered.

"No. There's nothing to explain. We aren't dating, and you have a reputation to uphold. Remember?" her voice was different. It was angry and felt like a slap to the face.

"I still like you, and I still want to get to know you and take you on dates. I just wanted something quick and easy, too!" I explained, quickly regretting the words as they left my mouth.

"So now some women are just quick and easy? Nice one, Jeff. Don't text or call me unless it's about homework," she stated, hanging up before I could stand up for myself. I threw my phone down out of frustration and ran my hands through my hair.

Why do I mess everything up? I need to let myself actually feel emotions instead of making a mess of them. That's how I ended up here. I sighed, picking up my phone and trying to call Lou again.

Straight to voicemail. Guess I'll text.

Me: Please, Lou, call me back. Let me explain.

No response. I sighed, scrolling through my contacts, trying to find someone that could help me. I couldn't find anyone to text, so I instead sent out a text to everyone in the study group.

Me: Hey...do any of you have a way of calling or texting Lou?

Britta: Why? What did you do NOW?

Me: I might have messed up and said something stupid...like I always do.

Britta: Damn it, Jeff. She has my number, but I don't have hers.

Annie: Who's Lou, again?

Pierce: hw d i us e ths

Shirley: No, sorry Jeff :) maybe don't mess up next time❤

Troy: i have her cousins number?

Abed: I have her number. I saw it in your contacts last time I went through your phone and I figured I would put it in mine for emergencies.

Me: Troy and Abed: get to my apartment. Now.

I sat my phone down, thankful that I might have a way to apologize. Troy and Abed showed up at my apartment relatively fast. I pulled them inside and told them what was going on.

"That's messed up," Troy shook his head.

"Yeah. Right now, Jeff is at the part of a romance movie where he betrays the love interest and needs to apologize and make it up to her, or she'll be gone forever. He also needs to decide if she's the one he wants to potentially spend the rest of his life with," Abed explained.

"Abed, this isn't a movie. I also don't know if I want to potentially spend the rest of my life with her," frustration was evident in my voice.

"Well, I don't think you should text or call her on my phone. Besides, if she didn't answer now, she'll see it later. There was truly no need for us to come over," Abed shrugged.

"I texted Clark to see what was up when Abed was rambling, and he just texted back. He said he's having a movie night with his friends and his cousin because she's upset. He didn't say why," Troy said, looking up from his phone.

"So she's home? I could go over and see her?" I asked, quickly realizing that wasn't an option, "Nevermind. If everyone else is there, it'll completely take makeup sex off the table."

"Is that all you see her as? And women in general? Someone that you can apologize to so you can get in their pants?" Abed asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Of course not."

"Then why do you act like it is?" Abed asked, although it seemed more like a statement.

"Yeah, Abed has a point," Troy added.

"I know that I've acted like that a lot in the past. I'm trying to get better. I tried with Lou, but then she broke down about it on Friday, and I suggested that we take things slow. I should've asked her to actually be my girlfriend instead, but I wanted her to know I respected her space," I explained, resting my head in my hands.

"I think you need to figure out what your actual motives are before getting in a relationship, dude," Troy stated.

"I know my motives, Troy. I just don't know how to actually commit to a relationship," I shook my head.

"Well, you could try not taking girls on dates when you like someone. That's always worked for me," Troy suggested.

"Yeah, that's typically how these things work. If you can't be trusted to be loyal during the initial talking phase, you can't be trusted during committal," Abed agreed.

"What kind of world do we live in where I'm asking you two for dating advice," I muttered, looking at both of them.

"You're living in a world where the nerds have become more adept socially. Therefore we can help resolve more issues with romantic endeavors," Abed stated.

"So help me, then. How do I win Lou back?"

The two of them looked at each other, jumping up and walking to the middle of my living room. They did their double clap handshake and smiled at me.

"We must first deem you worthy of her friendship and her love. So, we will befriend her," Abed stated.

"We don't have time for that. Clark mentioned that she's probably graduating at semester. She found out Greendale no longer offered the last class she needed that was only offered during the spring semester, so she's graduating early. She already has a job offer in the midwest," Troy quietly added. I felt my heart drop as they turned around and began a hushed conversation.

Was she planning on telling me? It honestly stung that she hadn't told me she was moving at semester. With everything that happened Friday, she should have mentioned it then or in the morning. God, I wish I would have stayed longer.

I can still feel the way her body fit perfectly against mine when we slept. Her hair fell in front of her face, tickling mine in return. I would brush it behind her ear, a smile spreading across her face as she reached up to keep my hand where it was. She would snuggle the side of her face into my hand, placing a gentle kiss on my palm before she returned back to the way she was laying before.

When her hair wasn't in her face, it ended up in mine. It was soft and smelled like rosehips. It was long enough to always be all over the place, but I didn't mind. It gave me a reason to pull her close and fix it for her. She radiated warmth while she slept. This was good for me because I was always an icicle when I slept.

"Earth to Jeff. You're smiling at the wall," Abed snapped in front of my eyes, pulling me back into the current time.

"Sorry. What did you figure out?" I asked.

"We have a plan that should get Lou back in your arms by Thanksgiving. That gives us approximately 2 months, as it's almost the end of September. You'll have to make it work," Abed stated. He then began giving me an in-depth description of the plan. It was brilliant! It was bound to work unless I managed to mess it up.

First step: apologizing and winning back her friendship.