Happy Accidents || thirty-seven

"I don't want to get up," I mumbled, rolling over, so my face was buried in my pillow.

"I know you don't. But you have to," Jeff laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me over to face him. I pouted, trying to move back to my pillow. He sighed, sitting up and pulling me onto his lap. I leaned my head back, groaning as I was forced to sit up now.

"It's not that big of a deal. If you don't want to move in, you don't have to. I understand. I would be scared to tell Alexander, too," he shrugged, tracing a line down my back with his fingers.

"It's not that. I know he'll get over it. It's the fact that I have to move everything out of the apartment and either into storage or here. It's a pain," I replied.

"Hey, we just gotta get through today. Then it's over, right?" he asked, tapping my nose with his finger.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's get this over with then," I agreed, getting out of the bed. I went and threw on some clothes and slipped my shoes on.

We drove over to my apartment. I had spent most of my free time here packing up while Jeff was in classes, the Dean got them readmitted, so my stuff was almost entirely packed up. All that was left was some of my decor items. Mainly just picture frames and my mismatched chairs. Thankfully, my friends were here to help. Zack even came, oddly enough. We kind of made up when he helped me get back to the car when they rescued me from the building, but he was still on thin ice.

"Alright, Zack and Clark. You two are in charge of moving all of the heavy stuff. Jeff, you're helping me with boxes. Luna and Darla, I need you to grab the stuff on the wall and wrap it up," I explained, leading everyone to where they needed to start.

"Why isn't Jeff helping with the heavy stuff?" Zack pouted.

"Zack, no," Clark sighed, shaking his head as he pulled Zack over to the couch to take it downstairs. Zack shuffled over, shooting Clark a glare before they started their portion of the moving process.

It only took about an hour to get everything loaded up and then another hour to move most of it into storage. Moving the boxes up to Jeff's apartment didn't take long, thankfully. Once everything was done, they went home, and Jeff and I took his car back to my apartment complex to make sure nothing was left behind.

I looked around, smiling as I remembered everything that had happened here. "You remember that first night you came over? You watched that baking show with me?" I laughed. It was odd to think that so much had happened in six months, and it probably never would have happened if Jeff had never come over that night.

"Yeah, I remember. And we ended up wearing matching pajamas, and I had to get you to bed, and you called me cute before I left," Jeff smiled, leaning against the kitchen counter. I smiled at him before walking around the rest of the apartment, making sure all of my things were picked up and gone.

"What if you had never sat next to me? What if we had never met?" I asked.

"I don't know. But I'll take the happy accident of us sitting together over any other timeline," he teased, smiling as I walked back into the living room.

"Well, time to go give them my keys," I sighed.

"Let's get goin' then, roomie," Jeff winked, opening the door for me.

We went and returned the keys to the main office and went back to his apartment. We spent a few hours unpacking my stuff, and once we were done, we plopped down onto the couch. I rested my head on his shoulder, taking a deep breath. I closed my eyes for a moment, but they shot open as my phone went off. I groaned, picking it up to see who was calling.

"Hey, Momma," I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

"Hi, baby girl! I heard you moved out of your apartment! When were you going to tell us?"

"I was going to tell you guys tomorrow. I just finished unpacking," I explained.

"Well, where did you move?"

"In with Jeff..." I mumbled, bracing myself to be yelled at. I heard Momma sigh and yell for Alexander, causing me to groan. I was too tired to deal with this.

"She what? Give me that phone. Ellouise Mae Whitley! You did not move in with that old man," Alexander yelled into the phone.

"Yes, dad, I did. And you can't stop me," I laughed nervously.

"Oh, you bet your butt I can! You're moving home."

"No, dad. I am not. I'm happy where I'm at," I explained. Jeff motioned for the phone, and I begrudgingly handed it to him.

"Hello, Alexander. Yes, it's me, Jeff...uh-huh...Yes, I understand your concern. I will make sure she is taken care of....oh, no promises on that one. Bye, Mister Hayworth," Jeff said, quickly hanging up the phone.

"What did he say?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know. Told me he didn't like you living with a failure, asked me to not have any physical contact, the usual," he laughed, handing me my phone back. My jaw dropped, laughing as I shoved him.

"You're a mess! You really told him no promises on the no contact thing? You could have just said okay," I cackled.

"Now, why would I lie to my lovely Lemondrop's dad? If we end up getting more serious, I don't want to be on an even worse side than I already am," he chuckled.

"What do you mean if we get more serious?" I asked.

"You know, if we get married or whatever. I don't really believe in marriage, though. I think it's stupid," he shrugged.

"Oh...okay. I getcha," I laughed awkwardly, looking down into my lap.

"Hey," he quickly said, lifting my face to meet his gaze, "I'm not saying my mind won't change. But right now, I don't care for marriage. We're good where we're at, right? So, why worry about changing that?"

"Yeah, no, you're right. Sorry," I shrugged, shyly smiling.

"Okay, good. I thought I had made you upset," he sighed, pulling me in for a hug.

A/N

I love ALLLL of you and you have all made me one of the happiest people alive. Thank you for your support<3

-Sam