Jolene || sixteen

I checked into the admissions office and was told to sit and wait until Dean Pelton was ready to see me. I had gotten an email from him about fifteen minutes ago with no clues as to what he wanted to see me about. It was definitely a change of pace from my regular Thursday schedule, as I was excused from the class I had in half an hour. I was normally eating lunch right now, but I had to forfeit that time to get here as quickly as possible, as requested in the email. I didn't like it when my schedule changed so quickly.

"Thank you, Miss Edison. I will update you if necessary. I appreciate your concern," Dean Pelton said, opening the door and ushering out Annie as he motioned for me to come in. She smirked when she realized I was waiting to go in, giving me a small wave as she walked out. I got up and walked into his office, an uneasy feeling creeping its way into my throat.

"Do you know why you're here, Miss Whitley?" he asked, leaning forward to rest his chin on his hands.

"No, but I suddenly have a feeling it involves Annie Edison?" I asked.

"Of course not!" he laughed, somewhat nervously, "I have received an anonymous tip stating that you may be doing another student's schoolwork. That is seen as cheating, and that is not tolerated here at Greendale and can get you expelled. Do you have any comments?"

"Are you joking? I have enough on my plate as it is. Why would I even bother doing someone else's work?" I demanded, standing up.

"There's no need to stand up or get upset. It's just a question," he said, scrunching up his shoulders.

I slammed my fists down onto his desk, putting all of my weight on them as I leaned closer to him and asked, "Who's work did I supposedly do?"

"One of your classmates, Jeffrey Winger," he whispered, fear flashing in his eyes. I closed my eyes, shaking my head as I leaned up. I sat back down and looked up at the ceiling.

"I haven't done any of his homework or assignments. Unless it's a partner or group project, then I did most of the work. But I'm reiterating that I have not done his schoolwork," I sighed.

"The anonymous tip said they have witnessed Jeffrey saying that you were helping him do his assignment, but then it seemed you were writing it for him," he insinuated, cocking an eyebrow and pursing his lips together.

I shook my head and said in a monotone voice, "You just guaranteed that your anonymous tip is Annie, and I wasn't doing his assignment. I was writing my own assignment. You can ask my teacher, I was the first one to turn it in. Jeff hasn't turned his paper in yet. They aren't due until Monday, and even then, it's only like half a page of writing. He's capable of doing it himself."

"Okay. Thank you for cooperating and terrifying me at the same time. Go ahead and go home. I'll excuse you from the rest of your classes," he stated, getting up and opening the door for me. I smiled, or tried to at least, and walked out. I had one thing on my mind, and I would do it before I went home.

I was going to find Annie Edison and find out what her problem was.

It wasn't too hard, either. After about ten minutes of walking through the hallway, I found her talking to Troy and Abed. She looked over and met my gaze, the color draining from her face. I could tell from her actions that she was saying goodbye to them, so I sped up to catch her before she got away.

"Are you kidding me, Annie? Do you realize you almost put my entire future in jeopardy because of your bullshit tip?" I demanded as I blocked her path.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she stated, pouting.

"I think you do know. So answer me," I said, anger boiling inside of me. She shook her head, clutching her binder against her chest.