Real World || twenty-four

Jeff's Perspective

Current Day - November 28, 2011

"Hurry up, we're going to be late for our first class," Lou whined, pulling me close behind her.

"We aren't going to be late. It's the last time we'll have the class. We don't even have anything planned. We may take a few personality quizzes, but we'll be fine. And it's a five-minute walk. Class doesn't even start for twenty," I laughed, stopping where I was. Lou was pulled to an abrupt stop, unable to pull me forward by my hand anymore. She groaned as I walked up next to her, offering her my arm. She linked her arm with mine, and we started walking again.

I honestly couldn't believe I had won her back. Troy and Abed's plan actually worked.

Step one: apologize and become friends again.

Step two: address the problem and be open about my feelings.

Step three: do something meaningful that she will remember. I got her the sunflowers because of how bright she is. I probably could have gone without her finding out Alexander was my first boss, but luckily I haven't had to see him or talk about that anymore with her. I also could have done without finding out that I've technically met her before, as a child, but I think we've both agreed to ignore that.

Step four: ask her to be my girlfriend. In Troy's exact words, "If you don't ask her, you won't be official. Chicks dig that goofy stuff."

Somehow, I had managed to win her back. Sure, it was the day after Thanksgiving, but it was still around the initial completion date. I hadn't told them yet, though. I had spent the rest of the weekend with Lou at my apartment, and she ended up spending the weekend with me. It was nice for a change. I actually enjoyed time with her, not having to worry about when my next date was coming. Not that I had another date planned, but just given my past experiences.

Either way, she was finally mine. It felt weird being in a monogamous relationship, but it wasn't necessarily a bad weird? It was a change, and sometimes change is good. Only sometimes, though. Like Chang's new security system, for example, was a bad change.

Chang had somehow wrangled up a bunch of teenagers and has been referring to them as the Changlourious Basterds. It was awful, and honestly, it felt like he was starting to take over the school. At the same time, I don't think I cared. I was too focused on finals, and Lou, anyway. It's not like they would succeed, anyway. The Dean wouldn't let that happen.

"Hey, whatcha thinkin' about?" Lou asked, poking my cheek. I smiled, looking down at her. She had a gigantic grin, which brought out the adorable dimple on her right cheek.

"Oh, just thinking about how I finally get to be intimate with you in public," I flirted, smiling as her cheeks turned red. I loved seeing her blush, and it was by far one of the cutest things on this planet.

"You're cheesy, you know that?" she laughed, pushing me slightly. I nodded, giving her a peck on the cheek while we walked.

"I'm going to go run and get a coffee. I'll be in class in a few minutes, okay?" I asked, giving her a quick hug.

"But you hate the coffee here," She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but it still wakes me up," I laughed. She sighed, waving goodbye as I walked towards the cafeteria. I was almost there when I saw Abed and Troy, and I decided to take a detour and tell them the good news.

"Hey! Your plan worked. I don't know how, but it did. We're dating now," I said, smiling as I walked up to them.

"Cool. How are you going to cope with her leaving for her new job?" Abed asked.